Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

VS SQUADRONS DISAPPEARED ON 12/31/42

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> VS SQUADRONS DISAPPEARED ON 12/31/42 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VS SQUADRONS DISAPPEARED ON 12/31/42 - 4/19/2012 4:18:56 AM   
AdmSpruance

Im playing V.1.06.1108r6.

On the last turn.....12/31/42....4 VS squadrons were auto withdrawn when their 4 parent CVs returned to port. I have 2 VS squadrons that are landbased and they are still in the game. I checked the group withdrawal list and the VS squadrons arent supposed to withdraw until 3/1/43...and then of course you need to do it manually...and the VB squadrons are supposed to enlarge to 36 at the same time.

Any suggestions?
Post #: 1
RE: VS SQUADRONS DISAPPEARED ON 12/31/42 - 4/19/2012 12:54:14 PM   
michaelm

Attach the save from 12/31/42 when they disappeared.
There was issue with data when disband happened originally for the VS change over, but can't remember exactly what it was. The increase in size of VB was suppose to happen on same date to synchronize the change, but that didn't happen. Was fixed in some earlier data update from memory.

Michael

(in reply to AdmSpruance)
Post #: 2
RE: VS SQUADRONS DISAPPEARED ON 12/31/42 - 4/19/2012 2:21:32 PM   
AdmSpruance

Michaelm....I dont seem to be able to attach a save of the turn here. Could you send me your email address to racndoc@yahoo.com and I will email the turn to you. Do you need the password from the host machine(Japan) to run the turn?

(in reply to AdmSpruance)
Post #: 3
RE: VS SQUADRONS DISAPPEARED ON 12/31/42 - 4/19/2012 4:05:53 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Attach the save from 12/31/42 when they disappeared.
There was issue with data when disband happened originally for the VS change over, but can't remember exactly what it was. The increase in size of VB was suppose to happen on same date to synchronize the change, but that didn't happen. Was fixed in some earlier data update from memory.

I recall the issue, but not explicitly that a complete resolution was posted. Don't quote me on that I could be wrong but that's my recall.

Overall the re-size of the VB and the withdrawal of the VS should be handled by the player with the toggles, and the withdrawal and disband buttons. I think there is a 3-month window where the VB is allowed to expand (starting then) and the VS must withdraw (by the end of the window). If the date is always certain then it has major tactical and maybe strategic implications for a PBM.

Edit to add: Michael, you did give advice at one point that the most efficient way to carry out the changeover is to put both squadrons on shore, disband the VS into the VB, then put the VB bcak on the carrier and set it to re-size to fit carrier (disband can't be done on board the carrier hence the need to put the groups ashore). That seems like a great method to have all the planes and pilots available without interruption, it's just if the VS disappears automatically then players can no longer control the process or the timing. (Just adding background info here.)

< Message edited by witpqs -- 4/19/2012 4:13:03 PM >

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> VS SQUADRONS DISAPPEARED ON 12/31/42 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI