Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Screen capture made eazy: Gyazo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Screen capture made eazy: Gyazo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Screen capture made eazy: Gyazo - 4/17/2012 8:05:39 AM   
Jan Masterson

Hi community,

here is a screen capture tool I'm enjoying to use since some times and I think it is very well suited to WITE (WITP series too).

There are tons of screen capture tool around, for years I used Snapsaver or Fraps but unlike these tools, Gyazo (it's the name of the tool) automatize the upload process, saving time and hassle, certainly for computer impaired people.

Here is how it works:

Pros
- My screens captured and uploaded light fast with two clics
- It works on Win 2k/XP/Vista/7, Mac and Linux
- "Drag and Drop" feature for stored pics (drag image files to the Gyazo Icon on your Desktop to instantly upload them.)
- It's free.

Cons
- Snapshots are not saved on your comp (one must have access to the internet)
- Snapshots are uploaded as is, one can't edit it (Ok, it's not the purpose of the tool anyway)
- It takes a pro account to see and manage all images (one can still keep the url of his pics stored in a txt file though)
- It works only on non full screen applications (for such software, I use my good old Snapsaver)

http://gyazo.com/

May it be as useful for you than it is for me.

Cheers,

Jan

< Message edited by Jan Masterson -- 4/18/2012 3:35:07 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Screen capture made eazy: Gyazo - 4/18/2012 2:21:50 AM   
kg_1007

Very good tool! Thank you.

(in reply to Jan Masterson)
Post #: 2
RE: Screen capture made eazy: Gyazo - 4/18/2012 7:39:19 PM   
bjmorgan

I still use KingKong. None of the cons apply.

Screen capture with one click. Automatically saves files by datetime stamp. Can do some limited editing. (I use crop the most.)

If you look hard enough, you kind find older versions that are free, but with ads, and that do not have an expiration date. You want 1.2.0.20.

But, I'm sure someone here will say it stinks.

Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.

(in reply to kg_1007)
Post #: 3
RE: Screen capture made eazy: Gyazo - 4/19/2012 2:26:59 AM   
Jan Masterson

Thanks for your input BJMorgan, I didn't knew KingKong and it seems to be a good tool too.

However, the thing that makes Gyazo shines is the step 2 you can see on the screenshot in the OP, it uploads instantly and automatically your screenshot. Sometimes, it's just enough and for such occasions, I feel that it's very handy.

Best regards,

Jan

(in reply to bjmorgan)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Screen capture made eazy: Gyazo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI