Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Australian Beauties

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Australian Beauties Page: <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 1:53:21 AM   
oldman45

quote:

Group A

Hipper

Group B

Zara

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2491
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 10:53:58 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

I still don't quite understand... a supposedly serious forum for serious wargamers.... and yet just 10 people bother to vote for a subject that must be close to the heart of just about anybody that cares about things military...absolutely bizarre

Warspite, M'Colleague, I too find it sadly, depressingly odd.

Maybe we should consider giving prizes for those who DO vote.
warspite1

Okay - for people that vote, I will enter them in a draw. The winner will receive an all expenses paid 3-week trip to the Bahamas with a beauty of their choice, at the time of their choice and with $10,000 in spending money thrown in - the latter for use either on the holiday or whenever. Terms and Conditions apply*

* I cannot guarantee that the draw will ever take place, or that any of the prizes on offer will be available to the winner, even if it does. But you never know.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 1/19/2013 10:55:15 AM >

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 2492
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 3:51:53 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: MAurelius

a date with a selected beauty perhaps??? (no... I don't mean a ship - although that would be sorta fine too :D)

That is just what I had in mind. Maybe a date with the beauty ON one of the featured ships. WOW!

I'd like some clarification here. Are you proposing a date with one of the beauties that voted in this thread? [blushes] Flattered, I'm sure parusski. I know I'm a handsome devil, but what would Mrs. parusski and Mrs. Chickenboy say? I prefer to describe my good looks as ruggedly handsome, rather than a 'beauty' per se, but I appreciate the sentiment.

Everyone on this forum is aware of my cool demeanor.

ARE YOU OUTTA YOUR FREAKIN' MIND???

Or have those backwoods Minnesota winters turned your brain to ice???

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2493
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 4:02:29 PM   
wodin

I can't believe you now voting on ships looks..are you all that bored?

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2494
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 4:05:45 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

I still don't quite understand... a supposedly serious forum for serious wargamers.... and yet just 10 people bother to vote for a subject that must be close to the heart of just about anybody that cares about things military...absolutely bizarre

Warspite, M'Colleague, I too find it sadly, depressingly odd.

Maybe we should consider giving prizes for those who DO vote.
warspite1

Okay - for people that vote, I will enter them in a draw. The winner will receive an all expenses paid 3-week trip to the Bahamas with a beauty of their choice, at the time of their choice and with $10,000 in spending money thrown in - the latter for use either on the holiday or whenever. Terms and Conditions apply*

* I cannot guarantee that the draw will ever take place, or that any of the prizes on offer will be available to the winner, even if it does. But you never know.

Warspite1 I am impressed. You have learned from our Dear Great Faultless Leader. Brib'em, that's the way.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2495
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 4:06:34 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Not bored. We just love annoying purists, who generally never approve of our threads and posts.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2496
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 4:53:31 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Not bored. We just love annoying purists, who generally never approve of our threads and posts.
warspite1

This poll wasn't designed to annoy people - it was designed to allow people to express their view on good looking WWII ships - something that I thought would appeal to military minded people. Of course it does indeed appeal - as was proved on the WITPAE forum. But most of those who could be arsed to give their opinion were too self-important to possibly be expected to come to the General Discussion forum and cast their votes like they were asked to. Same to a lesser extent with the MWIF forum.

If you find it boring...er, well perhaps you should tell someone who cares.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 2497
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 4:55:25 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

This poll wasn't designed to annoy people - it was designed to allow people to express their view on good looking WWII ships - something that I thought would appeal to military minded people. Of course it does indeed appeal - as was proved on the WITPAE forum. But most of those who could be arsed to give their opinion were too self-important to possibly be expected to come to the General Discussion forum and cast their votes like they were asked to. Same to a lesser extent with the MWIF forum.

Hey, I did not say the thread was boring. And Wodin was only joking. Have your fifth of Balvenie warspite1.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2498
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 4:57:55 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Hey, I did not say the thread was boring. And Wodin was only joking. Have your fifth of Balvenie warspite1.
warspite1

I know you didn't - that comment wasn't directed at you - although given I replied to your post I can see why you might have thought it was. Apologies for the misunderstanding parusski.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 2499
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 5:03:35 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

I know you didn't - that comment wasn't directed at you - although given I replied to your post I can see why you might have thought it was. Apologies for the misunderstanding parusski.

Anywhat, are people from Sweden eligible for the grand prize here?

I think they should be excluded, based on the fact that Orm is from Sweden.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2500
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 5:14:01 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

warspite1

No way - Orm is a good guy...and we like the Swedes..they gave us Abba

No, this thread, this competition is open to everyone, whatever their creed, colour or religion.....except of course THE DUTCH.*

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M (in case anyone was seriously offended by that comment )

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 2501
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 5:16:21 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

warspite1

No way - Orm is a good guy...and we like the Swedes..they gave us Abba

No, this thread, this competition is open to everyone, whatever their creed, colour or religion.....except of course THE DUTCH.*

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M (in case anyone was seriously offended by that comment )

I was wrong. I meant the Dutch. Yes, they are bad people.

Abba, nuff said.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2502
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 5:41:38 PM   
wodin

Warpsite..at last I got a reply from you...

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 2503
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 5:50:17 PM   
warspite1

quote:

warspite1

a) No - I answered parusski
b) I don't know where that "I don't reply to you" stuff has come from

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2504
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 6:58:19 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

warspite1

a) No - I answered parusski
b) I don't know where that "I don't reply to you" stuff has come from

Girls, play nice. As one American political party loooove's to say, "Can't we all just get along?"(Yes I know Rodney Kings said it too)!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2505
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 8:14:00 PM   
wodin

Mr Warspite..a few times now I've recommended books etc..to no reply..I don't hold it against you or anything;)

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 2506
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/19/2013 8:37:40 PM   
parusski

quote:

Mr Warspite..a few times now I've recommended books etc..to no reply..I don't hold it against you or anything;)

Don't take it personally wodin, Marjorie always complains that w1 ignores her.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2507
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/20/2013 12:08:20 PM   
warspite1

Any more votes for these beautiful ships? (well except Lexington , but that's my personal opinion )

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 2508
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/22/2013 4:37:09 PM   
Chickenboy

Oi! Warsomethingorother! What's the tally then?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2509
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/22/2013 7:53:14 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Oi! Warsomethingorother! What's the tally then?
warspite1

To whom do you refer my dear boy?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2510
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/22/2013 9:29:49 PM   
Chickenboy

You, mate! What's the goin' tally then?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2511
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/22/2013 9:39:21 PM   
wodin

See he did it again...I addressed a post to him and nothing...if anyone address a post to em I always reply..I consider it bad form\rude not to esp if they are recommending things to me. Funny enough though I don't hold it against him. Though I wont bother posting directly to him anymore.

< Message edited by wodin -- 1/22/2013 9:41:33 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2512
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/22/2013 10:06:21 PM   
Chickenboy

I just chalk it up to a case of chronic 'parusskitis'-the inability to pay attention to even the most basic non fart-based conversations for any length of time.

The treatment? Upside the head with a 2x4 seems to do the trick. Or say 'Oi' a lot when you're talking to 'em.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2513
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/22/2013 10:07:31 PM   
MAurelius

rofl... ok... now that we're all friends again....

WE NEED MORE BEAUTIES.....

formerly known as SoliInvictus202

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2514
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/22/2013 10:51:16 PM   
Orm

As you command.

Pictures from: http://catherinebell.com/

Attachment (3)

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress. - Captain Eric Moody

(in reply to MAurelius)
Post #: 2515
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/23/2013 12:48:17 AM   
MAurelius

oi - I think I know that chick.... oh yeah... my avatar :P :D

formerly known as SoliInvictus202

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2516
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/23/2013 1:00:20 AM   
parusski

quote:

I just chalk it up to a case of chronic 'parusskitis'-the inability to pay attention to even the most basic non fart-based conversations for any length of time.

The treatment? Upside the head with a 2x4 seems to do the trick. Or say 'Oi' a lot when you're talking to 'em.

Huh?

What?

Oh, I.......

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2517
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/23/2013 1:12:48 AM   
parusski

quote:

See he did it again...I addressed a post to him and nothing...if anyone address a post to em I always reply..I consider it bad form\rude not to esp if they are recommending things to me. Funny enough though I don't hold it against him. Though I wont bother posting directly to him anymore.

Don't take it so seriously M'colleague. I have tabulated how often Marjorie's husband, warspite1, responds to any poster and on average he responds only .003% of the time. Except to his own posts, to which he responds 99.77% of the time.

I used Statistical Analysis of Internet Forums, S. Ambrose 1966, to ANALyze warpedspite1.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2518
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/23/2013 3:57:30 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Well it doesn't look like we are going to get anymore votes - just 10 peeps bothered to vote for the final so these are the final results. Fortunately, from a statistical point of view, those ten votes have been sufficient to enable me to declare that this is the most comprehensive study of WWII ship beauty EVER and that therefore these results are OFFICIAL*

Most Beautiful Fast Battleship of WWII

Yamato (Japan)

Most Beautiful Battlecruiser of WWII

HMS Hood (United Kingdom)

Most Beautiful Inter-War Heavy Cruiser

Zara (Italy)
Won on the casting vote of warspite1

Most Beautiful Pre-War Light Cruiser

HMS Leander (United Kingdom)

Most Beautiful Old Girls Tarted Up For War

HMS Warspite (United Kingdom)

Most Beautiful Aircraft Carriers of WWII

HMS Illustrious (United Kingdom)

The Least Hideous and thus Most Beautiful-Battlecruiser-turned-Ugly-Duckling Aircraft Carrier of WWII

Akagi (Japan)

Most Beautiful Destroyers of World War II

USS Fletcher (United States)

*allegedly

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2519
RE: Australian Beauties - 1/23/2013 4:10:11 AM   
Chickenboy

Warspite1,

I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you for this incredibly non-parametric statistical certainty of the most beautiful WWII ships. It will go down is history as being something on the internet some bloke put together. Still, any effort to ogle some interesting ships is time well spent. Thanks for putting it together.

Now, as Maurelius says, on with the quail!

@ Parusski: Oi!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2520
Page:   <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Australian Beauties Page: <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI