Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problems installing expansion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Problems installing expansion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems installing expansion - 4/15/2012 7:42:10 PM   
prim001

I've recently bought distant worlds along with it's two expansion packs. Firstly i installed the vanillla 1.0.6 and seems to work fine. Once i tried updating to the first expansion, ROTS. The game fails to launch, at first it starts to load, once on the menu it crashes and when trying to start it up again, Where you click "PLAY Distant worlds- Return of the Shakturi" from the Menu nothing happens (wierd thing i swear the Distantworlds.exe vanishes)

I've tried reinstalling several times, trying a few suggestions such as using administration to install, then trying to install to different directory and then trying to install to Desktop, tried updating before installing the new expansion. Its stuck on Return of the shakturi let alone the 2nd expansion Legends. All tries ive failed. So far seems ive blown $96 on pure frustrustion.

Please if anyone has any suggestion on a fix or at least new things to try, will be most welcome.

More info, not sure if relevant, but each time I try to install ROTS, A notice comes up :
" The following files is in use and can not be updated:
C:\Matric Games\Distant Worlds\DistantWorlds.exe
Close all other applications and choose Retry. Choose Cancel to install this file on redoot
"

This also comes up for the files, " autorun.exe " and " Ionic.zip.dll "

I've tried Retry and Cancel, both with no change.

Dx Diagnostic File Below

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by prim001 -- 4/15/2012 8:38:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Problems installing expansion - 4/15/2012 9:14:04 PM   
prim001

After Looking at more older posts I found some about someone else having issues with a missing Distantworlds.exe, and a simple reply about antivirus. So checked my antivirus, nothing had turned up. Then checked Stopzilla which is a spyware remover and found that it had secretly wisked my EXE away to quarantine. After disabling it and reinstalling both expansions, seems to be working fine.

(in reply to prim001)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Problems installing expansion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI