This game is borked!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Historiker

This game is borked!

Post by Historiker »

Isn't that crazy? Come on, Matrixgames - you can do better!

This game is totally borked!

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Apr 12, 12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near St. Johns, Newfoundland at 77,75, Range 100 Yards

Japanese Ships
Jakobshavn Isbræ type Iceberg

Allied Ships
xAP Titanic 6 hits, and is sunk

Reduced sighting due to 25% moonlight
Maximum visibility in Overcast Conditions and 25% moonlight: 5,000 yards
Range closes to 25,000 yards...
Range closes to 20,000 yards...
Range closes to 15,000 yards...
Range closes to 10,000 yards...
Range closes to 5,000 yards...
Range closes to 1,000 yards...
Jakobshavn Isbræ type Iceberg engages xAP Titanic at 0 yards
EJakobshavn Isbræ type Iceberg rams xAP Titanic
xAP Titanic is hit six times
xAP Titanic is taking a lot of water
xAP Titanic's band restarts playing
xAP Titanic is sinking
xAP Titanic breaks in half
xAP Titanic Leonardo di Caprio is finally gone
xAP Titanic the watching girls are crying
Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
seille

RE: This game is borked!

Post by seille »

That was me when i read the thread title [>:]
That was me after i finished reading
drw61

Post by drw61 »

lol [:D]
ORIGINAL: Historiker

xAP Titanic Leonardo di Caprio is finally gone
xAP Titanic the watching girls are crying
mdiehl

Post by mdiehl »

All that's missing is a "Th Th That's All, Folks!"

"D'you suppose that some day people will go to Titanic replays to toss one liners and popcorn at the characters a la Rocky Horror?
Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.

Didn't we have this conversation already?
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

[:D][:D]
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

I want an edited version of Titanic that's just about the ship sinking, without Leo & Kate.
It should run about 40 minutes.

My favorite scene is when the people start falling to their deaths, as the ship lists.
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I had the same opinion of Top Gun. I wanted a version with just the flying scenes. IMO the story was almost as bad as the Movie that Cannot be Named.

Is the date wrong in the combat report? From what I've read the Titanic hit the iceberg late on the 14th and sank on the 15th. Though that's just some info online, it could be wrong.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Historiker

Post by Historiker »

Time zone question [;)]

I always thought about starting a business that edits "men-versions" of movies. Cutting all that "heart-crap" out and leaving the male rest. Like that story of the love with a Japanese American in "Midawy", or áll that horrible romance scenes in Star Wars Episede II.
Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

No!!!! Everything on the Internet is 100% true!

I know, because I read it on the Internet.
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Time zone question [;)]

Right....
I always thought about starting a business that edits "men-versions" of movies. Cutting all that "heart-crap" out and leaving the male rest. Like that story of the love with a Japanese American in "Midawy", or áll that horrible romance scenes in Star Wars Episede II.

I actually like a fair number of "chick flicks". If the story is supposed to be about relationships, it's a good thing in the movie. But if it's supposed to be about something else, throwing in a relationship angle is just a pointless distraction and is usually pretty lame.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Historiker

Post by Historiker »

The idea was to have a double DVD case with the regular version and a man version.
When I watch Midway again, I don't care about that "I am added for some PC reason and to get the movie at least somewhat attractive to women" crap...

mdiehl

Post by mdiehl »

The idea was to have a double DVD case with the regular version and a man version.
When I watch Midway again, I don't care about that "I am added for some PC reason and to get the movie at least somewhat attractive to women" crap...

IIRC if you watch the "original theatrical version" you get to miss most of the Miss Nakamura Loves Tom the pilot blah blah. As I recall, a whole bunch of that was added to the "made for teevee" release of Midway about a year after it went to the theaters.
Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.

Didn't we have this conversation already?
danlongman

Post by danlongman »

My GF always liked the movies with all the romantical stuff in them.
She always it made her in a better mood to...you know.
I told her thats what all the beer was for.
She's been gone for a while now......
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

Geschichtsklitterung!

The iceberg was most likely German, not Japanese.

In the German Federal Election in January 1912, the social-democratic party for the first time won more seats than any other party and made possible a majority coalition of groups hostile or ambivalent to the ruling elites of the German Empire.

In an attempt to increase support for conservative parties and policies and to distract the population from the social-democratic party, the ruling elites hoped to drum up patriotism in the time-honored way - by triggering an external conflict with the British, the antagonist of the Kaisereich and competing naval power.

Coincidentally (or not), in early 1912 the famous German geophysicist and meteorologist Alfred Wegener - well-known for proposing the theory of continental drift - found himself on a "scientific expedition" to Greenland in order to study - glaciers. The expedition almost came to grief when the glacier Wegener was surveying suddenly calved - the process quite probably having been triggered by the "probing" activities of Wegener. It is said that the resulting iceberg was the one which sank the Titanic. Obviously the sinking of the Titanic was the result of a conspiracy!
Historiker

Post by Historiker »

[:D]

Sehr schön, werter Herr Kollege!

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep »

Women and Children first!!! After reading this, I'll go down with the ship.[:'(]
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

I have always insisted there was a Titanic conspiracy, because April 14 was the day Lincoln was shot.
It can't possibly be a coincidence that both events happened on April 14, and the victim died/sunk on the 15th.

Perhaps the German expedition contained a confederate sympathizer, a distant relative of John Wilkes Booth?
And Federal taxes are due on April 15th as well! So the IRS is in on the conspiracy.

There's something under my bed, I just know it.
Historiker

Post by Historiker »

Ze Germanz! It is always ze Germanz!

bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

No, it was neither the Germans nor the Japanese: it was the Danes!!! (I'm fairly sure that the iceberg came form Greenland.) Let's just blame it all on Termie... if his ancestors hadn't plotted against the Titanic then Leonard DiCaprio would never have become a big star...
fair winds,
Brad
Grfin Zeppelin

Post by Grfin Zeppelin »

You guys realy think the titanic movie was the lowest point ? So naive.......

You also think that movie which shall youknowthejazz was the dumbest war movie in the pacific ever ? I beg to differ.

The only time ever I was close to punching my husband was after watching windtalkers and he asked me if I liked it.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”