Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Czecks and Balances

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Czecks and Balances Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Czecks and Balances - 4/14/2012 8:07:10 AM   
battlevonwar

Playing in my 5th or 6th game until a near completion. Some thoughts about the latest 1.01 patch and where the game could use improvement and what has improved over 1.00 and Beta Patch.

1. I really love how now the Amphibious Action isn't a give me. The Axis cannot drop down any hole and get a guaranteed take down. Previously I was dropping in on Malta and Egypt like it was Candy Store. I would almost say tone it down, but why destroy a good thing. Realistic and tough! It's expensive as it should be to put Corps out to sea!

2. Air Combat is a little bit strange. I am in a game with more fighters than my opponent, 14-30 vs his likely less than that number. However they don't do much vs Bombing Raids. This a sad aspect! I wouldn't mind to see a City with a Fighter stationed on it of equal tech as the opponent do a little more? I finger through the bombing runs and it seems as if you'd be better off going on the offensive rather than bother to put up interceptors?

3. I like the improved France and the improved fighting capability of the Russians. I am not sure 100% if the same Massive Hit to their effectiveness still hits but it was overdone in the old patches. Way way too much. It also seems the British have better corps(I am not sure if this is by choice or menu) but it has changed the dynamics of the game to make it more enjoyable and the Allies, less a cakewalk.

4. Tactical Air is the key to unlocking cities. However it is very powerful vs Sea Units. Toning this down would be wise. In the reverse pushing up the power of Naval Fleets at sea would be wise forcing them to be taken more seriously.

5. I notice a few oddities.......Axis Minors seem to spy out Naval Units the Majors don't. A conquest of Iraq is usually bringing in Turkey. Scripts can be manipulated by the Player a little if they play out the same every time. Be nice in my opinion if the player had some more options with scripts.

Post #: 1
RE: Czecks and Balances - 4/14/2012 9:09:10 AM   
Razz

1, 2, 3 have been improved in the Third Reich scenario.

Soon, I'll be updating the Third Reich which will take care of allot more issues than it does now.

Norway does not automatically surrender.
Italy will be more aggressive with in war with France
Slovak Mobile Command added
Reduced divisional infantry build for Germany.
Added two divisions for Ukraine to make it more worth while to create that nation.
reduced the social unrest and PP loss for the UK
Increased AI UK strength slightly
Increased build time for German infantry and Airborne and motorized upon certain conditions
Increased German AI aggressiveness slightly
Britain Food Rationing penalty reduced
Increased starting PP for Belguim due to increased upkeep costs
Increased starting PP for Netherlands due to increased upkeep costs
Improved net production income for Lowlands
Reduced massive Army build by USSR:
And of course, toned down Naval air attacks again from the current version posted.
War for Iraq improved again.
Plus allot more..

(in reply to battlevonwar)
Post #: 2
RE: Czecks and Balances - 4/17/2012 6:35:29 AM   
battlevonwar

This sounds very good. I am looking forward to seeing these changes. I have found with the extreme amount of PP, that this massive map can actually get clogged with units. I never thought that would happen as when you load the scenarios you actually aren't aware at how small it all really is when you put 40-50 Corp all in one place. Or a clever player is extreme in their Army Building.

I would be interested in knowing how much of these modifications will also be available to the PBEM Crowd? Also if the modifications are ongoing?

P.S. Thanks for the response

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 3
RE: Czecks and Balances - 4/18/2012 2:56:04 AM   
Razz

Yes, you can use this scenario in PBEM.

Of course the scenario will improve as time goes on.

(in reply to battlevonwar)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Czecks and Balances Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI