I'd probably not change a lot at this point, it all works quite well in most situations. If there really was the potential do some major rewrites...
- Concept of having AI taking over control over AOs, HQ's, and subordinate units (perhaps even so far as to start as a subordinate under AI orders and to relive the promotions until getting into higher positions).
- As Blackhorse suggested, simplify the micromanagement where possible without big disadvantages (keep it optional)
- Add Allied full production system
- Add FoW to leader stats, so I can only roughly judge their quality and have to see them act under pressure; have their stats develop (a randomizing stats starting option would do fine in that case, as well)
- Address the few left-over shortcomings of the game (supply as mentioned, logistics, large air and land battle scaling questions, anti-subwarfare handling of DCs and/or sensors)
- Add railroad-building or upgrading options, or allow the map to change automatically over time to mimic the building (Burma-Malaya RR, or Darwin)
My first and foremost concern would, however, be modding capabilities and the way AI is conceived:
- replace the scripting language and internal AI routines with a powerful, dynamic scripting language that exposes all hardcoded AI routines to be mod-able,
and that can be used to create a smarter, dynamically adapting AI (that would give Andy a lot more capabilities to allow it to react to a player, and I would trust that the community would squeeze out the last out of such an AI)
< Message edited by janh -- 4/13/2012 3:10:25 PM >