Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.7.0.13 migration.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> 1.7.0.13 migration. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.7.0.13 migration. - 4/10/2012 1:19:52 PM   
ASHBERY76

People migrate to colonies that have enslave and exterminate policys at the colony in question.

Not a good place for lower taxes or comfort of living.
Post #: 1
RE: 1.7.0.13 migration. - 4/10/2012 5:52:53 PM   
ASHBERY76

Another couple of game logic issues I think need addressing.

Exploration ships are getting into a loop of escaping from pirates and then trying to survey the same system.They should move on to the next system.

Construction ships while rebuilding World Destroyer and large derelict ships should not queue up jobs as this jams important resource mining because they take a long time to finish.It would be helpfull if the queue went to other construction ships that are not rebuilding ships.

The player can cleary micro manage past these issues but the A.I cannot.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.7.0.13 migration. - 4/10/2012 6:41:52 PM   
Sithuk

Ash: One of the more significant economy boosting issues is that the AI taxes planets before they have max (or almost max pop). Migration + zero tax til max pop is needed more urgently than fixing the explorer/pirate locked loop. An option for the human player in options to control when a planet gets taxed would be welcome too... but we are on a bug thread so I should take this somewhere more relevant.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.7.0.13 migration. - 4/11/2012 12:58:54 AM   
ASHBERY76

I do not think so.It takes a huge amount of time to max a planet and early cash is important for fleet levels and war.I also dislike the gamey nature of min maxing taxes like you suggest.I would prefer Elliot stopped gamey player strategies.

< Message edited by ASHBERY76 -- 4/11/2012 12:59:16 AM >

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.7.0.13 migration. - 4/11/2012 6:59:20 AM   
Sithuk

Ash: Tax feeds into the happiness level which affects planet attractiveness which affects migration levels which affects population size. You are right to point out that it takes ages to max out a planet's pop, or rather it does for the AI. It doesn't for me because I set zero tax until the planet pop maxes. The vast majority of income is derived from the HW at the start to medium stages so income is unaffected.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.7.0.13 migration. - 4/11/2012 6:22:03 PM   
Theluin

I agree that Sithuk's strategy is a bit too gamey to my taste. (Though I've used it a few times myself )
I think that colonies should get tax while their population is:
1. More than 1 billion
OR
2. Have max population.
This would both improve the AI's effectiveness and at the same time would not ruin immersion (Tax alleviation happens and happened on Earth all the time, e.g. medieval settlers from Germany in Poland or colonists in America)

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> 1.7.0.13 migration. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI