Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Re: WW2 Wargames Club for Gentlemen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Re: WW2 Wargames Club for Gentlemen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Re: WW2 Wargames Club for Gentlemen - 4/9/2012 7:12:56 PM   
noissy

WW2 WARGAMES CLUB FOR GENTLEMEN – Members wanted

Following the comments on The Blitz and Matrix CS Forums about my
site, I would say the following :-
Far from being a risky place to register, I can assure you that it is only by monitoring who joins that I can bar disruptive individuals from joining and ruining a club that the members are enjoying, albeit a handful at the moment. Already I have had false game reports being made on the site by an outsider and that is why I monitor applications, not a power mad ego as I'm accused of having. Such is the childish mentality of some people on the forums, I just don't want them on my site, simple as that.
Along with a Blitz member attempting to join my site just to spy on what's going on for the their' site members, (not suprising his application to join was rejected, - as he replied when fronted, quote – ''understood'').
There is nothing sinister about my club and my tag or the fact you need to be accepted when joining membership, nor that I request your password on my site's forum, that is my way of securing that only registered members are able to access the forum and report games. 'The Master' is my ladyfriend's nickname for me and, as I designed this site on a Victorian Gentlemens' club theme, I felt 'Master' of the house was the tag I would choose. It is just a monicker, nothing to do with ego tripping as some have alleged and I know a few of my friends here can attest to that!
Anyway, I have now removed the tag 'Master' and replaced it with 'Peter Glint'. Im sure many of the wargaming fraternity will now know who I am!
In maintaining a rigid monitoring of the acceptance of new members, I hope to keep a safe, pleasant site alive. Due to my lack of knowledge running web sites, I am merely trying to protect our site.
Above all else, be sure that joining this site is a safe and enjoyable place to join, nothing more sinister than that, lol!
A few have been personal friends for some years in here so, forget the propaganda you may read about me at other sites.
My site has also been registered at http://hist-sdc.com a highly reputable site and further endorsement to the validity of
my site.
So, take a look and join up ! Matrix ; Gary Grigsby's War in the East' is also included at the site if you are looking for
opponents!

http://www.ww2wargamesclubforgentlemen.com

Regards
Peter Glint
Site Admin
Post #: 1
RE: Re: WW2 Wargames Club for Gentlemen - 4/14/2012 3:44:47 PM   
jwduquette1

Great idea for a web site Noissy. There really needs to be more ways in which folks can find opponents for PBEM.

(in reply to noissy)
Post #: 2
RE: Re: WW2 Wargames Club for Gentlemen - 4/14/2012 9:20:33 PM   
noissy

JWDUQUETTE1 by all means take a look. Glad you see it that way buddy!
Either click on the link below or e-mail me at ponto_76@yahoo.com

http://www.ww2wargamesclubforgentlemen.com/

(in reply to jwduquette1)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Re: WW2 Wargames Club for Gentlemen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI