Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Arty bombardment as first order

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Arty bombardment as first order Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Arty bombardment as first order - 4/9/2012 1:38:14 PM   
Floyd

I've started the tutorial and if i give - without starting the clock - the arty a bombardment order,
i can't use the SHIFT key afterwards to set several waypoints for movement/attack. If i give the
movement/attack orders first and the bombardment orders last, there is no problem.
Post #: 1
RE: Arty bombardment as first order - 4/9/2012 1:55:22 PM   
Lieste

Ooo - I'd seen that several times, but hadn't made the link between cause and effect...

(in reply to Floyd)
Post #: 2
RE: Arty bombardment as first order - 4/10/2012 2:00:28 AM   
Arjuna

Good catch. I'd say off the top of my head that because it's paused, the UI switch that ignores the Shift key for bombardments has not been reset with a different order. I will look into this to make sure. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try and see if this behaviour also occurs when the game is paused after it has been running. Thanks.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 3
RE: Arty bombardment as first order - 4/10/2012 2:49:37 PM   
Floyd

I've tested by starting/pausing the game with UI-click or SPACE-key, it makes no difference.
The SHIFT-key does not work with bombardment order first.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 4
RE: Arty bombardment as first order - 4/11/2012 1:58:18 AM   
Arjuna

Floyd,

Your response is a little ambiguous. Can you please confirm that the Shift key does not work, while the game is running, after issuing a bombard order. Is this the case only where the first order issued for the game is a bombard order or does it also apply if I issue a non-bombard order first, pause, run, issue a bombard order and then try and issue some other order?

What I am trying to determine is if this is tied to the initial order of the game or to the initial order after pausing or at any time during the game after a bombard order.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Floyd)
Post #: 5
RE: Arty bombardment as first order - 4/11/2012 9:11:14 AM   
Floyd

There is only a problem with the shift key if the first order is one with no shift "option", like "fire at"
or "bombardment". If the first order is one with shift "option" the shift key works and waypoints are set:

1. start tutorial scenario; starting the clock or not makes no difference
2. order the arty to 'bombard' or 'fire at'
3. shift key NOT working when giving another unit a move order with multiple waypoints,
one will only get the last waypoint

and then

1. start tutorial scenario; starting the clock or not makes no difference
2. order the arty or any other unit to 'move' or any order that also
accepts a shift "option"
3. shift key IS working from now on

Once the shift key is working it will do so till the end of the scenario; the problem is only
from the start up to the moment the shift key starts working. I can't say for sure what exact
order(s) to give to make the shift key working once it is stuck. Sometimes after a 'move' order with
only one waypoint or a 'reattach' the shift key started to work, but then to the end of the scenario.

< Message edited by Floyd -- 4/11/2012 9:15:29 AM >

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 6
RE: Arty bombardment as first order - 4/11/2012 9:24:43 AM   
Floyd

One update. I was looking what makes the shift key working again and found this:

1. load scenario, clock stopped
2. give arty 'bombardment' order
3. start the clock and wait for the messages that arty finished the bombardment (at 06:12)
4. give a movement order to any unit and multiple waypoints will work

(in reply to Floyd)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Arty bombardment as first order Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI