Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Yamamoto...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: Yamamoto... Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/10/2012 11:38:22 PM   
Historiker

I never met british troops, but we played nicely with American M1A1...

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 121
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/10/2012 11:47:22 PM   
Empire101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

I never met british troops, but we played nicely with American M1A1...

I can remember firing on Hohne ranges one year, and a contingent of Americans brought a tank onto the range we had never seen before, they called it the X1 ( later to become the Abrahams).
When we first saw it it looked like it had come off the set of Star Wars....

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 122
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 12:02:19 AM   
t001001001

lkj

< Message edited by t001001001 -- 4/11/2012 12:03:31 AM >

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 123
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 12:04:06 AM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: t001001001
quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

well it was an interesting thread.....until our two Trolls took it over. MeThinks its time for it to be dumped over to the War Room and/or locked.

reported so as it can be put out of it's misery.

It was an interesting thread, until you showed up. Not that ur contribution isn't fascinating

So a 3rd troll has showed up

< Message edited by Historiker -- 4/11/2012 12:05:30 AM >

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to t001001001)
Post #: 124
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 12:18:32 AM   
Nikademus

tis the season.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 125
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 5:02:20 AM   
mdiehl

quote:

well it was an interesting thread.....until our two Trolls took it over. MeThinks its time for it to be dumped over to the War Room and/or locked.

It was a good thread until you crawled out from under your bridge, ****head, and it'll be a good thread after you haul your scaly green hide back into the Stygian depths from which you came.

Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.

Didn't we have this conversation already?

(in reply to Commander Stormwolf)
Post #: 126
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 5:07:04 AM   
mdiehl

quote:

The fastest flying boat in the world,

True. And if your measure of greatness is "I gotta boat that flies fast" then that's an impressive thing. Don't get me wrong. Flying boats are all kinds of useful. They just weren't all kinds of useful as strike a.c.

Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 127
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 5:16:40 AM   
SLAAKMAN

Holy Sashimi Batman! That is one of the most beautiful flying boats Ive ever seen! Gotta luv it.

Attachment (1)

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to mdiehl)
Post #: 128
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 6:59:57 AM   
Buckrock

quote:

ORIGINAL: Footslogger

Had Yamamoto not been killed in 1943, would of been the possibilites on the outcome of the war?

Well, according to the thread, changing the timeline by having Yamamoto survive would lead to tanks being used to defend Finland from attacks by torpedo armed flying boats piloted by trolls.

Go figure.

This was the only sig line I could think of.

(in reply to Footslogger)
Post #: 129
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 8:31:14 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

reported so as it can be put out of it's misery. (Do like the Finish roadblock however. )

so true. It's a pity a whole forum can be ruined by a single person.

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 130
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 9:13:47 AM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

I see Iron Sky is doing well.

Lets see what else we Finns can foist on you...

The world would be a boring place with out you Finnish maniacs

Hey! You sold those to us! (not meaning speed cams)

http://www.kmweg.de/de/

I know...

I was in the army back then. We were still a reinforces recon bataillon. Not only mountain recon, but also an air drop recon group and heavy tanks - the Leopard 2A4. We alsways joked: "The only thing we aren't capable of is an amphib invasion".
Unfortunately, our Leo 2s were mostly in storage and only a fraction was used.

Then, some day, a few officers in a strange uniform came by. Two Leopards were taken out on the parade ground. They showed all they got, and all that was possible without shooting their guns. We enjoyed it very much.

It wasn't until later when we were told that those strange officers were finns and our beloved Leopards were presented to them to be taken away from us!

I feel your pain. They are downsizing in Finland too. But at least Leos got good home for a while.

But I resist the notion of "strange uniform". After all, it is almost "feldgrau" and traditionally FDF things come from Königlich Preussisches Jägerbataillon Nr. 27.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27th_J%C3%A4ger_Battalion_(Finland)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_J%C3%A4ger_troops

< Message edited by Sardaukar -- 4/11/2012 9:21:15 AM >

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 131
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 3:09:10 PM   
Commander Stormwolf

That is an excellent photo..

.. to me Emily looks like an olympic swimmer full of steroids

you could never imagine it flies 290 mph, it's all about the muscle of those 1850hp engines

"No Enemy Survives Contact with the Plan" - Commander Stormwolf

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 132
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 3:29:29 PM   
Empire101

It is a fantastic looking plane!!

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to Commander Stormwolf)
Post #: 133
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 4:43:21 PM   
Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buckrock

quote:

ORIGINAL: Footslogger

Had Yamamoto not been killed in 1943, would of been the possibilites on the outcome of the war?

Well, according to the thread, changing the timeline by having Yamamoto survive would lead to tanks being used to defend Finland from attacks by torpedo armed flying boats piloted by trolls.

Go figure.

Hadn't thought about that angle. They did banish Yamashita for a time after all.

(in reply to Buckrock)
Post #: 134
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 4:57:07 PM   
mdiehl

Morning Slaak. Come here to watch the termites get their dose of pesticide?

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 135
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 8:53:50 PM   
SLAAKMAN

Howdy. Yeah I caught a whiff of it from Hogmutts. Funny that the trolls wont dare venture there. (Also funny that Hogmutt himself cant venture into here either. Trolls blocked from stalking other trolls)!

And now the glory of the beautiful BV222 in flight!!! Luv those Flying Boats!!
Blohm & Voss BV 222 "Viking"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-hXa5QB0ng

Attachment (1)

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to mdiehl)
Post #: 136
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 8:56:56 PM   
mdiehl

Wow. SIX engines. Now that's gaudy!

BTW is that your modeling creation or someone else's work? Pretty good job, even if I am a fan of the more weathered look.

< Message edited by mdiehl -- 4/11/2012 8:57:44 PM >

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 137
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 9:12:03 PM   
mdiehl

"Stalking" is more Princess Nicky's game anyhow. Doggie may have an issue with certain topics but for passive-aggro you can't beat the Thread's resident call-girls for a "swarm, multiply, and scratch" driveby trolling. Just hope they haven't driven Cdr Storm away. I like his work, even if his conclusions are, errrm, suspect.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 138
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 9:22:56 PM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

BTW is that your modeling creation or someone else's work? Pretty good job, even if I am a fan of the more weathered look.

I must concede that I cannot take credit for it. It is indeed a superb job but I believe it is the companies own workmanship.

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to mdiehl)
Post #: 139
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 10:01:36 PM   
DD696

Sorry about all this, Footslogger. Ask a simple question around here and the Guilty Parties show up to trash your thread. Even those who have no knowledge of the game or for that matter, much knowledge at all think they can have a free for all. Such scum certainly do all they can to ruin the forum for the rest.

USMC: 1970-1977.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 140
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 10:48:28 PM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: DD696

Sorry about all this, Footslogger. Ask a simple question around here and the Guilty Parties show up to trash your thread. Even those who have no knowledge of the game or for that matter, much knowledge at all think they can have a free for all. Such scum certainly do all they can to ruin the forum for the rest.

USMC eh?

We like you. Every man a rifleman.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to DD696)
Post #: 141
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/11/2012 11:13:51 PM   
DD696

Yep, USMC - United States Marine Corps. Enlisted initially for a four year ground combat infantry guarantee. I just get mighty tired of a lot of little minuscule punks trying to ruin things for everybody. If more people would step up and call their cowardly bluff it would end much sooner. I admit to being a part of the silent majority, but more of us should speak up and call a punk a punk and a coward a coward. It would make the world a much better place.

USMC: 1970-1977.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 142
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/12/2012 6:02:28 AM   
SLAAKMAN

THE BEAUTIFUL BV238!!

Attachment (1)

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to DD696)
Post #: 143
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/12/2012 4:45:57 PM   
mdiehl

The original BUFF I suppose.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 144
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/12/2012 9:15:27 PM   
treespider

Time for this puppy to get locked and buried...and perhaps Joe can finally banish some people for their direct personal insults.

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to mdiehl)
Post #: 145
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/12/2012 9:31:20 PM   
t001001001

perhaps Joe can finally banish some people for their direct personal insults.

He'd have to start such a campaign by bankshotting terminus' fat, bald head into the garbage bin first and he knows it

Naw, I don't think you'd want to start off by banning pompous, unseemly, arrogant trolls. You an ur buds would be the first to go

It'll have to be spun somehow to make it seem legit.

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 146
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/12/2012 9:40:01 PM   
Terminus

Hey, I think your mom's calling you in for dinner.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to t001001001)
Post #: 147
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/12/2012 9:51:48 PM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

The original BUFF I suppose.

Ah but one mans junk is another mans treasure! I have used those beautiful FB's extensively as the Axis in WiF campaigns extensively. Their extended range enabled me to reinforce armies from Persia to Morroco in such rapid time that entire enemy offensives were either delayed or even canceled altogether! I cannot over-emphasize their extreme glory & accomplishmens.

Baumspinner,
quote:

Time for this puppy to get locked and buried...and perhaps Joe can finally banish some people for their direct personal insults.

Locked??! For what? There is some great topics that have spawned from this thread! I beseech you sir to withdraw your request plz. (Awesome coat-of-arms BTW).

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 148
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/13/2012 12:17:19 AM   
t001001001

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Hey, I think your mom's calling you in for dinner.

Naw. She was just calling me over for a haircut. She don't like when it gets too long. It's a Mum thing. I go over an let her cut it however she wants. I don't care, an it makes her happy. It'll grow back. Shrug.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 149
RE: Yamamoto... - 4/13/2012 12:20:41 AM   
t001001001

Has Joe started banning all the trolls yet, starting w/ you, terminus?

Apparently not.

< Message edited by t001001001 -- 4/13/2012 12:22:02 AM >

(in reply to t001001001)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: Yamamoto... Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI