Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

the game stops after intro - black screen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Tech Support >> the game stops after intro - black screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
the game stops after intro - black screen - 4/8/2012 11:06:56 PM   
malpigi

hi. the game simply stops after the intro plays, black screen is shown. im running Windows 7 home premium, amd radeon 6480g, 6 gb ram. bought the laptop like last month. well, it doesnt stop as the task manager tells me its still running, but it does not respond to any key or mose events, just blanked out i guess this shouldnt be happening - the pc is brand new, all software and drivers are up-to-date, how come the developers dont even come with some kinds of possible issues list?
Post #: 1
RE: the game stops after intro - black screen - 4/8/2012 11:09:15 PM   
malpigi

.. i just bought the base game and tried it, then i updated to patch 1.05, same thing though. shouldnt i be already enjoying the game right now and not concerning myself with stupid issues like this? after all i paid for the game

(in reply to malpigi)
Post #: 2
RE: the game stops after intro - black screen - 4/9/2012 12:23:26 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: malpigi

hi. the game simply stops after the intro plays, black screen is shown. im running Windows 7 home premium, amd radeon 6480g, 6 gb ram. bought the laptop like last month. well, it doesnt stop as the task manager tells me its still running, but it does not respond to any key or mose events, just blanked out i guess this shouldnt be happening - the pc is brand new, all software and drivers are up-to-date, how come the developers dont even come with some kinds of possible issues list?

Is there any chance you are also running any beta of the game? I have both PC and PC beta 1.06, currently beta testing 44 East. A few days ago I started Panzer Corps and had the same issue you are having. Turns out when I saved a game as "dave" after playing 44 east(Panzer Corps beta 1.06) it was put in the regular Panzer Corps saved folder and would give only a black screen. I know this is a huge shot in the dark.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to malpigi)
Post #: 3
RE: the game stops after intro - black screen - 4/9/2012 3:25:10 AM   
VPaulus

HI just rename, Video and Audio subfolders to "_Video" and "_Audio" and check if you can now enter in the game.
Probably it's related with broken MCI. Usually caused by third parties tools and codec packs like K-lite.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 4
RE: the game stops after intro - black screen - 4/9/2012 10:30:20 AM   
malpigi

im downloading again as the producers claim in different posts the download might have been corrupted (?) i wouldnt wonder to be honest as it takes forever and my bandwith is 10mb/s so it is not the fault of my connection. will try to rename the folders and post again, cheers for suggestions. its just annoying really the producers didnt deal with all of these issues themselves

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 5
RE: the game stops after intro - black screen - 4/9/2012 10:40:16 AM   
malpigi

renamed the Audio and Video folders as you said and now its working, but what about the sounds and video then? i mean i paid for the whole game and want the sounds too, this doesnt seem right and somebody should definitely take the responsibility! cheers for your posts again, appreciate

(in reply to malpigi)
Post #: 6
RE: the game stops after intro - black screen - 4/9/2012 1:21:36 PM   
VPaulus

The producers and developers are not the culprit, as this is a problem with your PC configuration. Your Windows MCI is broken, like I've mentioned in the previous post. Something broke it. A codec pack, a third party software, I don't know. The issue is that Panzer Corps uses Windows MCI as the API to play sound. If you have any other software that uses the same system for reproducing sound, it will also crash.

Take a look at this troubleshooting section("CTD, freezes, no sound or game not starting")
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=30541

Do you have K-lite codec pack installed?

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 4/9/2012 1:28:18 PM >

(in reply to malpigi)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Tech Support >> the game stops after intro - black screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI