Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix vs Graviteam version?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Matrix vs Graviteam version? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix vs Graviteam version? - 4/8/2012 7:15:44 PM   
76mm

I'm thinking about picking up this game, but am not sure if I should get the Graviteam or Matrix version? Getting the Matrix version would be slightly easier, but I'm worried about compatibility of the Matrix version with patches, campaigns, etc. put out by Graviteam. What's the deal?
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix vs Graviteam version? - 4/8/2012 9:05:57 PM   
Alan Sharif

I have the Graviteam version but would have held on for the matrix version had I known one was in the pipeline. I may be old fashioned but I prefer to have a CD in a case where possible. If that is not an issue I am not sure it makes any difference either way.

A Sharif

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix vs Graviteam version? - 4/8/2012 9:16:07 PM   
76mm

Alan, thanks for the response. Actually, I don't care at all about a CD, I am mainly worried about patches; in another Matrix game I bought (FoG), there were some incompatabilities/delays between the patches released by the developer (Slitherine) and Matrix.

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix vs Graviteam version? - 4/8/2012 9:16:18 PM   
wodin

There aren't two different versions. Both are the same except here Matrix sells it. I do believe patches through Matrix will be easier and just a one click installer. Though i expect you could use a Matrix patch for the game bought from somewhere else.

I think people think now Matrix is selling then they now have a say in the game. Not so. Matrix are just a distributer.

< Message edited by wodin -- 4/8/2012 9:18:50 PM >

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix vs Graviteam version? - 4/9/2012 11:18:54 AM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

There aren't two different versions. Both are the same except here Matrix sells it. I do believe patches through Matrix will be easier and just a one click installer. Though i expect you could use a Matrix patch for the game bought from somewhere else.

This is what I'd like confirmation about, I guess from Matrix. I seem to recall that with a different game I had compatibilty issues between the patches issued by Matrix and by the developer. And will I be able to use the campaigns offered by Graviteam even if Matrix doesn't offer them? Does Matrix plan to offer all of the campaigns?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix vs Graviteam version? - 4/9/2012 2:17:24 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi 76mm,

Our release has all the existing updates included, which saves you over a gigabyte of extra downloads and a rather complex updating process. Future Graviteam updates will work fine with our release, but we also plan to put then in an easier installer for our customers.

We will also have the DLCs available in our store in the future.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix vs Graviteam version? - 4/9/2012 4:47:12 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

We will also have the DLCs available in our store in the future.

About how long before you do have them available? This month?

mo reb

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix vs Graviteam version? - 4/9/2012 7:19:16 PM   
76mm

Erik, thanks for the feedback, sounds like I'll go with the Matrix version then.

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix vs Graviteam version? - 5/23/2012 8:29:22 PM   
GBS

I bought from Gamersgate before Matrix offered it. Are you saying that future updates offered by Matrix will work with what I bought from Gamersgate?

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Matrix vs Graviteam version? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI