Matrix vs Graviteam version?

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
76mm

Matrix vs Graviteam version?

Post by 76mm »

I'm thinking about picking up this game, but am not sure if I should get the Graviteam or Matrix version? Getting the Matrix version would be slightly easier, but I'm worried about compatibility of the Matrix version with patches, campaigns, etc. put out by Graviteam. What's the deal?
Alan Sharif

RE: Matrix vs Graviteam version?

Post by Alan Sharif »

I have the Graviteam version but would have held on for the matrix version had I known one was in the pipeline. I may be old fashioned but I prefer to have a CD in a case where possible. If that is not an issue I am not sure it makes any difference either way.

A Sharif
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Alan, thanks for the response. Actually, I don't care at all about a CD, I am mainly worried about patches; in another Matrix game I bought (FoG), there were some incompatabilities/delays between the patches released by the developer (Slitherine) and Matrix.
wodin

Post by wodin »

There aren't two different versions. Both are the same except here Matrix sells it. I do believe patches through Matrix will be easier and just a one click installer. Though i expect you could use a Matrix patch for the game bought from somewhere else.

I think people think now Matrix is selling then they now have a say in the game. Not so. Matrix are just a distributer.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: wodin

There aren't two different versions. Both are the same except here Matrix sells it. I do believe patches through Matrix will be easier and just a one click installer. Though i expect you could use a Matrix patch for the game bought from somewhere else.

This is what I'd like confirmation about, I guess from Matrix. I seem to recall that with a different game I had compatibilty issues between the patches issued by Matrix and by the developer. And will I be able to use the campaigns offered by Graviteam even if Matrix doesn't offer them? Does Matrix plan to offer all of the campaigns?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi 76mm,

Our release has all the existing updates included, which saves you over a gigabyte of extra downloads and a rather complex updating process. Future Graviteam updates will work fine with our release, but we also plan to put then in an easier installer for our customers.

We will also have the DLCs available in our store in the future.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

We will also have the DLCs available in our store in the future.

About how long before you do have them available? This month?

mo reb
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Erik, thanks for the feedback, sounds like I'll go with the Matrix version then.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
GBS

Post by GBS »

I bought from Gamersgate before Matrix offered it. Are you saying that future updates offered by Matrix will work with what I bought from Gamersgate?
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”