Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!Reinforcements on the Frontline!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 76mm GC-ALT VC (No Zonso)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: 76mm GC-ALT VC (No Zonso) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 76mm GC-ALT VC (No Zonso) - 11/12/2012 7:16:25 AM   
76mm

Looks like my opponent has disappeared. I haven't gotten a turn in several weeks, and he hasn't responded to e-mails. Most disappointing, as this game was supposed to go "until the end" and instead it stopped just we got to the blizzard...

So it looks like this is a rather unclimactic end to my WitE career, because I won't be starting any more games. Oh well.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 61
RE: 76mm GC-ALT VC (No Zonso) - 11/12/2012 3:05:40 PM   
Pelton

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

Haven't received a turn from Zonso in weeks, and he is not responding to my e-mails; I hope he has not abandoned this game just as we got to the blizzard, that would be most unsportsmanlike. Will wait another week or two before drawing any conclusions...

30 days no replies its over is kinda the standard.

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

15 games ended in 41 (15-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

General Cheesefinder of WitW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DiSQ36zfWk

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 62
RE: 76mm GC-ALT VC (No Zonso) - 11/12/2012 5:38:14 PM   
Ketza

Sorry to see you leave

Our game from awhile back was my most enjoyable game in WITE. Maybe it was because neither of us knew what the "right" moves were and the whole game seemed somewhat historical even with all the rules changes we endured.

/salute

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 63
RE: 76mm GC-ALT VC (No Zonso) - 11/12/2012 6:01:19 PM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ketza
Sorry to see you leave

Our game from awhile back was my most enjoyable game in WITE. Maybe it was because neither of us knew what the "right" moves were and the whole game seemed somewhat historical even with all the rules changes we endured.

/salute

*sniff* Yes, we had a very fun game that was eventually bludgeoned to death by the various patches, maybe we'll catch up in WitE 2.0 (I think I'll pass on WitW).

(in reply to Ketza)
Post #: 64
RE: 76mm GC-ALT VC (No Zonso) - 11/13/2012 12:28:17 AM   
Ketza

I have a game going now as Soviet where it is March of 43 and and I have been on the offensive since the summer of 42. Just recaptured Odessa and Zhitomir and I have a huge blob of guards corp level units destroying everything in its path.

I am not sure if this game will ever be "right".

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 65
RE: 76mm GC-ALT VC (No Zonso) - 11/13/2012 4:30:11 AM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ketza
I am not sure if this game will ever be "right".

I've concluded that it will not ever be fixed to my liking, so am moving on. Frankly I'm not too optimistic about WitE 2.0 either, because I'm afraid that some of the things I don't like (such as the entire combat engine) are baked into the game. But we'll see, I will certainly take a look. In the meantime, there are plenty of other things to keep me busy.

(in reply to Ketza)
Post #: 66
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: 76mm GC-ALT VC (No Zonso) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI