Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Upgrading ship designs.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Upgrading ship designs. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgrading ship designs. - 4/8/2012 4:47:58 PM   
King Doom

I really, really like this series, I own all three parts of it so far, and I hate that my first post here is a complaint, but oh god what have we done to you that was so bad you felt the need to make the ship design system so god-awful to punish us players?

Any design I come up with is overwritten or made obsolete the second I manage a new research breakthrough, the ship designs all ignore the better components I manage to acquire plans for, through trading or industrial espionage, and any advanced ships I may manage to find or salvage are usually 'upgraded' to a far, far weaker version! It's got to the point where I don't bother trying to design anything unless I've played a game so long I reach the end of the tech tree because otherwise that design will be obsolete and replaced with 'maximus IXVIXXVIIIII' within moments and even then I've seen super capital ships trying to sneak to my nearest star base to be refit as something smaller and less useful!
Post #: 1
RE: Upgrading ship designs. - 4/8/2012 9:57:34 PM   
Theluin

You could just turn of ship design automation if you want to design ships yourself or select a few roles to be manually upgraded.
As for your upgrading problem you can just turn of autoretrofit for your advanced ships. (Open the design menu, show all designs and state ships, turn off automatic retrofit for the advanced designs)

(in reply to King Doom)
Post #: 2
RE: Upgrading ship designs. - 4/9/2012 1:32:08 PM   
King Doom

Here's another fun little thing with upgrading I just spotted - I build a small space port above every planet I colonise that doesn't have a special ruin or resource since those get large space ports and defensive bases. Right now, something like one third of the small space ports I've built and upgraded have become medium space ports! I've checked and I can't find any mention anywhere that that's supposed to happen, did I miss something in the galactopedia?

Edit: and the large space ports are getting shifted down to medium!

< Message edited by King Doom -- 4/9/2012 4:24:33 PM >

(in reply to Theluin)
Post #: 3
RE: Upgrading ship designs. - 4/9/2012 10:26:55 PM   
ASHBERY76

You need to set manual upgrage for your ships on the design screen.Space stations upscale based on population to larger or smaller stations based on your policy.

< Message edited by ASHBERY76 -- 4/9/2012 10:30:38 PM >

(in reply to King Doom)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Upgrading ship designs. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI