Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fort MacMurray and Shale Oil

 
View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Fort MacMurray and Shale Oil Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fort MacMurray and Shale Oil - 4/8/2012 2:11:43 AM   
el cid again

 

Posts: 14953
Joined: 10/10/2005
Status: offline
There is, in stock and presumably virtually every non-RHS mod,
a "railroad to nowhere" in Northern Canada, not far from Great Slave Lake
and Lake Winnipeg.

This railroad ends in hex 208, 28 and is the location of Fort MacMurray,
a town of very interesting economic import. It is the location of the first
and oldest shale oil industry in the Western world (the only similar place
I am aware of is in Manchukuo - developed about the same time by Japan).

This location has a successful (but low volume) "oil refinery" which "cooks"
shale oil and separates the oil from water and other things which make it otherwise
unsuitable for use. The process was not able to be scaled up for decades, but it did
produce a useful amount of oil which, in game terms, can be "exported" automatically down the rail line. I estimate the place should have 10 oil wells and an amount of refinery capacity able to perfectly process them (which, in RHS terms, is 5 oil refineries). I also rate it as having 5 resource centers (RHS ones are smaller than stock) and 1 light industry plant (which processes 40% of the resources, leaving 60% for export down the rail line).

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Fort MacMurray and Shale Oil Page: [1]
Jump to:





New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts


Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI

0.055