Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New AI Files

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> New AI Files Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New AI Files - 4/8/2012 12:29:21 AM   
Andy Mac

New AI script for the rotation

Improved both Allied and Japanese - works better on Ironman but will also work ok on Scen 1 and 2

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: New AI Files - 4/8/2012 12:40:08 AM   
Sardaukar

Just to freak you out..any chance for DaBigBabes?

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 2
RE: New AI Files - 4/8/2012 12:53:37 AM   
drw61

Thanks Andy!

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 3
RE: New AI Files - 4/8/2012 1:07:57 AM   
Dan Nichols

Would these AI files be better than the ones that came with the stock game for scenario 1 and 2?

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 4
RE: New AI Files - 4/8/2012 1:10:23 AM   
Kitakami

Many thanks!

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to Dan Nichols)
Post #: 5
RE: New AI Files - 4/8/2012 1:14:04 AM   
drw61

IIRC when I start a new game ver the AI it randomly selects one of the aeiXXX.dat files, correct?
So if I want to choose the new aei010-20.dat do i just delete all the rest and only have the new one available for the scenario?
Thanks Daryl

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 6
RE: New AI Files - 4/8/2012 1:32:29 AM   
Andy Mac

yes corrct but its a single strateic option so I wouldnt leave it on its own in a mod

It has a specific Allied and Japanese early and late war strategic choice

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 7
RE: New AI Files - 4/8/2012 6:43:46 AM   
tbothy

just a question from a noob........Do the updated ai files and scenes from Andy mac go into the matrix patches or is it up to the individual to download from the forums to keep up to date.....

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 8
RE: New AI Files - 4/8/2012 9:41:21 AM   
JeffK

Download it from the forum into the Scen Folder.

Might be a long time waiting for the next patch.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to tbothy)
Post #: 9
RE: New AI Files - 4/8/2012 9:43:48 AM   
JeffK

Thanks Andy
It would be nice to get a tag somewhere to see what AI script was working, just to comment on the differences.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to JeffK)
Post #: 10
RE: New AI Files - 4/8/2012 10:56:56 AM   
Andy Mac

Ican find out by running it through the AI Debugger

(in reply to JeffK)
Post #: 11
RE: New AI Files - 4/8/2012 2:48:56 PM   
aquila

Is there an aei010-19.dat file? In my SCEN folder, it skips from 18 to 20.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 12
RE: New AI Files - 4/8/2012 8:09:07 PM   
HansBolter

Andy, can I use this to update a current Ironman game or do I need a restart?

Hans

(in reply to aquila)
Post #: 13
RE: New AI Files - 4/9/2012 1:46:27 AM   
michaelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Andy, can I use this to update a current Ironman game or do I need a restart?

AI files are read on starting a new scenario game. Isn't possible to update in mid-game as AI is already executing the scripts.

Michael

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 14
RE: New AI Files - 4/9/2012 5:36:20 AM   
Treetop64

Well, thank God I'm building a first turn for a new game right now!
Thanks, Andy, for the nice surprise.

"Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it"

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 15
RE: New AI Files - 4/9/2012 3:55:40 PM   
Andy Mac

This is only one new AI variant file not a full set

Updated allied and japanese sides

(in reply to Treetop64)
Post #: 16
RE: New AI Files - 4/9/2012 6:35:25 PM   
janh

Thanks! I won't ask what you changed. Let's see what new surprises you came up with!

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 17
RE: New AI Files - 4/12/2012 1:07:03 AM   
Treetop64

Andy,

I just had a thought. I'm currently setting all the units on the board in a new game before clicking the first turn (non-historical first turn). About a week into this, I installed your new AI files. Now, I haven't actually started the first execution phase yet but does installing the new AI files at this point muddy things up as far as AI starting points is concerned (as opposed to installing the new AI files first, then selecting the scenario and start setting up units). Naturally, I hope it's OK, but if I have to back out and start setting up for a new scenario all over again, even though the first turn hasn't been executed yet, well then C'est la vie...

Thanks.

< Message edited by Treetop64 -- 4/12/2012 1:08:28 AM >

"Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it"

(in reply to janh)
Post #: 18
RE: New AI Files - 4/12/2012 10:58:13 PM   
jcjordan

I'm planning on doing a mod off of scen 1 where I'm getting rid of the 8th/9th AF as well as others of the late war European transfers of land units/ships. Will this be a major effect to the scipts or will it be able to handle it? Also what would I need to do to use the scripts in my scenario?

(in reply to Treetop64)
Post #: 19
RE: New AI Files - 4/13/2012 9:12:54 AM   
Andy Mac

No it wont select an AI file but its not a full new set only one more for the rotation so its at best a 6% chance you would have drawn the new script anyway so I wouldnt restart for it
quote:

ORIGINAL: Treetop64

Andy,

I just had a thought. I'm currently setting all the units on the board in a new game before clicking the first turn (non-historical first turn). About a week into this, I installed your new AI files. Now, I haven't actually started the first execution phase yet but does installing the new AI files at this point muddy things up as far as AI starting points is concerned (as opposed to installing the new AI files first, then selecting the scenario and start setting up units). Naturally, I hope it's OK, but if I have to back out and start setting up for a new scenario all over again, even though the first turn hasn't been executed yet, well then C'est la vie...

Thanks.

(in reply to Treetop64)
Post #: 20
RE: New AI Files - 4/13/2012 9:14:07 AM   
Andy Mac

Yes major impact on scripts for late war but most AI gamesdont get that far anyway

To use scripts change name of aeifile to whichver number you are using

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

I'm planning on doing a mod off of scen 1 where I'm getting rid of the 8th/9th AF as well as others of the late war European transfers of land units/ships. Will this be a major effect to the scipts or will it be able to handle it? Also what would I need to do to use the scripts in my scenario?

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 21
RE: New AI Files - 4/13/2012 9:16:38 AM   
Andy Mac

I had almost got a full set of new scripts before my melt down but lost the lot so I am now back and working on them but will be drip feeding them as updates rather than going big bang.

I am working at present on polishing up the Allied AI script in variant 108 which was the Japanese attack <CENSORED> and the Allied Counterattack with more weight via <CENSORED

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 22
RE: New AI Files - 4/13/2012 9:19:32 AM   
Andy Mac

ps as it takes about 10 man hours of polishing per script followed by about 100 comp hours of AI v AI testing to prove it works and debug it will not be a quick process to get more out so dont hold your breath !!!

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 23
RE: New AI Files - 4/13/2012 1:11:23 PM   
Andrew Brown

There is no way I would have time to do this myself, but I always thought that it would be a great idea to have one of the Japanese AI options be an attempt to invade Hawaii at the start of the war (or very soon after). If anyone ever contemplated doing an AI script for this there is some potentially useful info in this web page:

forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=120787&hilit=OAHU INVASION

Andrew

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 24
RE: New AI Files - 4/13/2012 6:57:46 PM   
jcjordan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Yes major impact on scripts for late war but most AI gamesdont get that far anyway

To use scripts change name of aeifile to whichver number you are using

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

Agree as in my current game I won it in 9/44 but kept playing it just to see about late war things I might change.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 25
RE: New AI Files - 4/13/2012 7:05:33 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Brown
There is no way I would have time to do this myself, but I always thought that it would be a great idea to have one of the Japanese AI options be an attempt to invade Hawaii at the start of the war (or very soon after). If anyone ever contemplated doing an AI script for this there is some potentially useful info in this web page:

forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=120787&hilit=OAHU INVASION

Andrew

Not sure that would work very well in a campaign scenario AI file; the canto et respondu scriptlings would need to be completely redone for at least 2 years worth of game time, and could be fairly easily overcome by an intelligent Allied player.

I think it is a superb idea for a short opening phase scenario, however. Would mean a significant rewrite of the opening day OOBs and also a significant rewrite of the opening day AI scriptlings, but nowhere near as extensive as a campaign rewrite. I'm sure that someone can come up with the AI scripts, if you are willing to provide a complete OOB for the Op, as well as the alternative operations (or lack thereof) in those places where the Hawaii troops are taken from. I'm thinking the full campaign map but only for a six month period (after all, one still must get the resources from the DEI). Also thinking of a HR that obviates the Japanese early war load/unload bonus (but you will have to allow us to modify your Ship and Class files)

Home of DaBabes

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 26
RE: New AI Files - 4/13/2012 7:44:12 PM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE
Also thinking of a HR that obviates the Japanese early war load/unload bonus (but you will have to allow us to modify your Ship and Class files)

Too bad the kitchen's closed, otherwise perhaps Michael could cook up a Scenario switch/toggle amphib bonus on/off....

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 27
RE: New AI Files - 4/13/2012 7:55:33 PM   
Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

ps as it takes about 10 man hours of polishing per script followed by about 100 comp hours of AI v AI testing to prove it works and debug it will not be a quick process to get more out so dont hold your breath !!!

Oy.....

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 28
RE: New AI Files - 4/13/2012 8:03:15 PM   
Andy Mac

:{ I also had a nearly working May script pre meltdown but I lost the lot

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 29
RE: New AI Files - 4/13/2012 8:39:26 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider
quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE
Also thinking of a HR that obviates the Japanese early war load/unload bonus (but you will have to allow us to modify your Ship and Class files)

Too bad the kitchen's closed, otherwise perhaps Michael could cook up a Scenario switch/toggle amphib bonus on/off....

Don't I frikkin wish !! There is a way, but nothing that will get ported to stock (and I don't think it should). As modders, we need to accept the stock paradigm. Not to say we can't tweak it, but we can't dick with the code in a way that effects stock games. Just not cricket, iykwim.

Home of DaBabes

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> New AI Files Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI