Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1914-1918 mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Design and Modding >> 1914-1918 mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1914-1918 mod - 4/7/2012 8:45:40 AM   
welk

Starting from the 1939 GC, i will probably do a 14-18 mod next year (2013. I noticed, after exploration, that it would need :

* Larges modification of national territories in editor (easy if editor is more stabilized)
* Some modifications in countries parameters (active/inacive, political, diplomaty, etc) (easy to do)
* AI .ini modifications (medium easy to do)
* Graph modifications (easy to do)
* Events modifications (easy o do but very long work)
*Units parameters in Land/air/naval units (easy to do)
* OOb construction (easy to do if work limited to "units types", without individual names for units (that would take too much work : if not individual names used, to create a oob with copy-past with excel would be medium easy)

I plane no any modification of others things (naval zones, countries, connexions, etc)

Seems right ?

< Message edited by welk -- 4/7/2012 8:47:09 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: 1914-1918 mod - 4/7/2012 8:53:53 AM   
welk

One of my goal would be to change tactical bombers in heavy long range arty (range fire : 2 or 3 hex max).

The air units could be that :

Fighters ww2 = airplanes ww1 (essentially reco use, fight air was a little "kitch", no real efficient in terms of warfare)

Tactical bombers ww2 = heavy long range arty (with range fire reduced = 1,2 or 3 hex max). These units would be able to do "reco" in addition, because during ww1, arty units had balloons observations and airplane observation , so it would not be a error to allow these units a "reco capoacity" (these units would have to be considered as "double part units" : one part = heavy long range arty, one other part all "observations units" (balloons, planes,etc) included in the long range arty units.

But the campaign arty or medium/heavy campaign arty (75 mm to 150mm) will not be represented (already included in the divisions and corps units) : my "heavy long range arty" could represent only some (not great number) heavy rail arty, or heavy tracted arty, siege arty, etc)

Strategic bombers ww2 : bombers ww1 with poor "fire parameters" in const .ini

Armors ww2 : support armor ww1+troops (with very poor move parameter)

Motorized ww2 : inf ww1 but by trucks transported (but more poor move parameter than ww2)

Infantry ww2 =,infantry WW1

< Message edited by welk -- 4/7/2012 9:34:52 AM >

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 2
RE: 1914-1918 mod - 4/7/2012 9:18:20 AM   
welk

Would this be correct for a 14-18 project (in const ini file) ?

ImpulsesPerMonth]
January = 1
February = 1
March = 4
April = 6
May = 6
June = 6
July = 6
August = 6
September = 6
October = 4
November = 1
December =1

total = 48 (as in tha vanilla setting)

It would be interresting to recreate the fact that army were more inactives in winter during 14-18 war (so, the "game time" need to be more faster in winter than in summer)

< Message edited by welk -- 4/7/2012 9:19:27 AM >

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 3
RE: 1914-1918 mod - 4/7/2012 9:30:14 AM   
welk

One solution for Russian revolution 1917 could be that :

At start, Russia is setted as member of alliance "Allies"
There is a country named "Bolchevics" (in zone of influence "Axis") that has at start only some ne hex somwhere in Russia (and is neutral)
in 1917, with a special event, this country enters at war (as "objective allied" for Axis (central powers)

Or may be, creation like Ukraine, but I would have to study in details the events system to try to recreate that sort of situation.

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 4
RE: 1914-1918 mod - 4/7/2012 9:57:17 AM   
welk

My time of modding being limited, I have to say, the heart broken, that I stop from this day definitively the modding of my old friend Commander Europe at War-CEAW and class the game in archives of my hard disk as "only to play game". Time of Fury is now my obsessionnal modding univers. I am crazy, but this game is more.

< Message edited by welk -- 4/7/2012 9:59:13 AM >

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Design and Modding >> 1914-1918 mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI