Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1914-1918 mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Design and Modding >> 1914-1918 mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1914-1918 mod - 4/7/2012 8:45:40 AM   
welk

Starting from the 1939 GC, i will probably do a 14-18 mod next year (2013. I noticed, after exploration, that it would need :

* Larges modification of national territories in editor (easy if editor is more stabilized)
* Some modifications in countries parameters (active/inacive, political, diplomaty, etc) (easy to do)
* AI .ini modifications (medium easy to do)
* Graph modifications (easy to do)
* Events modifications (easy o do but very long work)
*Units parameters in Land/air/naval units (easy to do)
* OOb construction (easy to do if work limited to "units types", without individual names for units (that would take too much work : if not individual names used, to create a oob with copy-past with excel would be medium easy)

I plane no any modification of others things (naval zones, countries, connexions, etc)

Seems right ?

< Message edited by welk -- 4/7/2012 8:47:09 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: 1914-1918 mod - 4/7/2012 8:53:53 AM   
welk

One of my goal would be to change tactical bombers in heavy long range arty (range fire : 2 or 3 hex max).

The air units could be that :

Fighters ww2 = airplanes ww1 (essentially reco use, fight air was a little "kitch", no real efficient in terms of warfare)

Tactical bombers ww2 = heavy long range arty (with range fire reduced = 1,2 or 3 hex max). These units would be able to do "reco" in addition, because during ww1, arty units had balloons observations and airplane observation , so it would not be a error to allow these units a "reco capoacity" (these units would have to be considered as "double part units" : one part = heavy long range arty, one other part all "observations units" (balloons, planes,etc) included in the long range arty units.

But the campaign arty or medium/heavy campaign arty (75 mm to 150mm) will not be represented (already included in the divisions and corps units) : my "heavy long range arty" could represent only some (not great number) heavy rail arty, or heavy tracted arty, siege arty, etc)

Strategic bombers ww2 : bombers ww1 with poor "fire parameters" in const .ini

Armors ww2 : support armor ww1+troops (with very poor move parameter)

Motorized ww2 : inf ww1 but by trucks transported (but more poor move parameter than ww2)

Infantry ww2 =,infantry WW1

< Message edited by welk -- 4/7/2012 9:34:52 AM >

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 2
RE: 1914-1918 mod - 4/7/2012 9:18:20 AM   
welk

Would this be correct for a 14-18 project (in const ini file) ?

ImpulsesPerMonth]
January = 1
February = 1
March = 4
April = 6
May = 6
June = 6
July = 6
August = 6
September = 6
October = 4
November = 1
December =1

total = 48 (as in tha vanilla setting)

It would be interresting to recreate the fact that army were more inactives in winter during 14-18 war (so, the "game time" need to be more faster in winter than in summer)

< Message edited by welk -- 4/7/2012 9:19:27 AM >

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 3
RE: 1914-1918 mod - 4/7/2012 9:30:14 AM   
welk

One solution for Russian revolution 1917 could be that :

At start, Russia is setted as member of alliance "Allies"
There is a country named "Bolchevics" (in zone of influence "Axis") that has at start only some ne hex somwhere in Russia (and is neutral)
in 1917, with a special event, this country enters at war (as "objective allied" for Axis (central powers)

Or may be, creation like Ukraine, but I would have to study in details the events system to try to recreate that sort of situation.

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 4
RE: 1914-1918 mod - 4/7/2012 9:57:17 AM   
welk

My time of modding being limited, I have to say, the heart broken, that I stop from this day definitively the modding of my old friend Commander Europe at War-CEAW and class the game in archives of my hard disk as "only to play game". Time of Fury is now my obsessionnal modding univers. I am crazy, but this game is more.

< Message edited by welk -- 4/7/2012 9:59:13 AM >

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Design and Modding >> 1914-1918 mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI