Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Using ARDs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Using ARDs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using ARDs - 4/6/2012 5:19:54 PM   
hbrsvl

Hi-Scen.9, 5/14/43, Allies, v ...r9. What is best use for ARDs? My first one has just departed Victoria for Midway. I have 2 OBBs- West Virginia and California still in PH. The float damage is 63 and 62(both in the red). One has 0 sys damage, the other in the 30s. Estimated repair time is 507 for W.Va, 476 for Calif.

After reading 14.2, I understand that ARDs can repair major Float damage. I'd really like to get these BBs to the US mainland. Should I send the ARD to Pearl?

Comments, please.

Thanks, Hugh Browne
Post #: 1
RE: Using ARDs - 4/6/2012 5:27:31 PM   
Sardaukar

ARD can repair smaller amounts of major float dmg, but note that only ships whose tonnage is smaller than ARD capacity will fit in. So most are best for emergency repairs for smaller ships. Most ARDs cannot take BB. And PH has repair yard, so ARD would be bit pointless there.

You can make pretty good forward sub base in Midway or in Aleutians (I think Adak I. can be built up to lvl 7 port or so) by getting ARD, AR and AS into same base.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 2
RE: Using ARDs - 4/7/2012 3:00:32 AM   
jmalter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar
You can make pretty good forward sub base in Midway or in Aleutians (I think Adak I. can be built up to lvl 7 port or so) by getting ARD, AR and AS into same base.

took awhile, but i managed to withdraw the small Dutch ARDs to small ports in North Oz, along w/ some repair ships & float-plane support. now i've got functioning sub-bases & a reasonable DEW-line of patrol-plane bases, out of range from air-attack (until the AI finishes reducing Sumatra).

took me awhile to figure out ARDs, they just need to be disbanded in a supplied port in order to lend their float-repair ability to any ship (smaller than the ARD's capacity) that needs it.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 3
RE: Using ARDs - 4/7/2012 6:09:27 PM   
crsutton

Behind the lines out of bomber range but close enough for emergency repairs on damaged ships. Larger ports are better. I find them redundant if used in a base with a repair yard. Very useful things for the Allies.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 4
RE: Using ARDs - 4/8/2012 5:51:26 PM   
hbrsvl

Hi-Thanks to all that answered. A ?. How do the ARDs work? Does the player put a ship into the ARD? If, as one of you stated, you have to disband the ARD TF, how are repairs accomplished?

This ARD has a lift capacity of 55K tons. Can you put 2 or more smaller ship-DD,DE, etc. into the dock at the same time?

Comments, please. Thanks HB

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 5
RE: Using ARDs - 4/8/2012 9:23:16 PM   
John 3rd

Being too lazy to pull up a current turn, may I ask where one sees the tonnage limit for an ARD?

Member: Reluctant Admiral and Perfect War Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 6
RE: Using ARDs - 4/8/2012 11:00:32 PM   
Mundy

Right in its regular stats screen -- bottom right.

Ed-

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 7
RE: Using ARDs - 4/9/2012 12:51:44 AM   
jmalter

hi HB,
best i can tell, a disbanded ARD automatically lends its repair capability to any disbanded ship in the port that needs its services, up to the limit of its tonnage capacity, if the damaged ship is in pierside or repair-ship mode. there's no way to assign a ship to an ARD, nor does it seem possible to load supply onto it - a suspect its supply cap is only a handy place for 'remembering' its tonnage capacity for game-engine purposes.

(in reply to Mundy)
Post #: 8
RE: Using ARDs - 4/9/2012 1:45:46 PM   
hbrsvl

jmalter(and all)- Thanks. I'll see if it works the way you mentioned. HB

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 9
RE: Using ARDs - 4/9/2012 3:19:37 PM   
Sardaukar

And..you can manually assign ships to it from repair screen, since ARD is "Repair ship".

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Using ARDs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI