Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game performance

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Game performance Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game performance - 4/6/2012 4:47:28 PM   
7thcav

Some of us complained about performance issues with this game ( low frame rates,mouse lag long load times etc.)myself included. I am posting this because I have come to find out that I was wrong. My system at the time was a Core duo 2.8 with a nvidia gtx275 video card and 2gigs of ram running windows XP which should have run PCO fine but didn't. In an emergency this past weekend ( Motherboard failed with all my shop billing trapped from the past week inside my system ) I was forced to grab what I could get my hands on to get running again which was an ASUS board with an AMD A4 3300 dual core 2.5 processor.........definitely not what I had in mind!!!!!!

However PCO now runs great which came as a major surprise. This isn't a knock on Intel processors its a matter of a first generation core duo processor ( All core duo 2.8 processors are not created equal as the later generations are greatly improved ) and a restrictive motherboard. I have gained on average 25 fps which was more then enough to resolve my problems with PCO.

So I guess the morale of the story is if on paper your system should be able to run PCO without a problem but can't it may not be the games fault.

Regards
7thcav
Post #: 1
RE: Game performance - 4/6/2012 11:09:28 PM   
k9mike

Sounds like the game engine may need optimization. I did not have the game prior to the recent patch, but mine runs ok...just that on really large maps I get abit of mouse lag. I have a very powerful rig (Alienware). So...there should not be a hardware problem. ;)

(in reply to 7thcav)
Post #: 2
RE: Game performance - 4/7/2012 12:33:39 AM   
Rick

Sorry to hear aobut your computer going out, but it's good to hear that PCO runs better on your lower-end standin!

I wonder if there are some video card settings that are affecting performance --.

Thanks for letting us know!
Rick

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 3
RE: Game performance - 4/7/2012 12:38:31 AM   
k9mike

I will check mine. Not sure what it defaulted at when first installed on mine. But I have a 2 Gig Video Card...so...this game should not be a problem for it. I might experiment with some settings to see what it likes best. I don't have a frame rate program on this PC...is there anything can toggle open an type it it in to show?
Mike

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 4
RE: Game performance - 4/7/2012 11:54:15 AM   
JMass

quote:

ORIGINAL: k9mike
I don't have a frame rate program on this PC...is there anything can toggle open an type it it in to show?

Mike, type F1

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Game performance Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI