New member - Quick Introduction

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Gizuria

New member - Quick Introduction

Post by Gizuria »

Hi there

Quick disclaimer - I'm neither a fascist nor a dog. However, I am a long-time wargamer who really enjoys playing WW2 games, preferably as the Germans[8D].

For Strategic/Grand Operational games, I play 'GG's War in the East'. I've just taken the leap and bought into Command Ops and have the full Monty and that will cover the Operational level. For the Tactical level, I play Battlefront's CMBN. In fact, I beta test that game and have already developed one or two campaigns for that title. ('Fascist Dog' was my old BFC forums handle when I played CMBO/BB but I had to change it after a lapse of several years. I wanted to use my current BFC handle, but somebody's already nabbed it.) While I expect to work with the scenario editor for this game too, I hope to spend many happy hours just playing the game itself.[8D]

I've no doubt that I will be asking loads of questions over the days/weeks to come but for now, I just want to enjoy learning from my mistakes and watching the tutorial videos.
Bil H

RE: New member - Quick Introduction

Post by Bil H »

PT is that you?
Ah, well, since you do not wish death, then how about a rubber chicken?

Sam the Eagle

My Combat Mission Blog:
https://battledrill.blogspot.com/
Gizuria

Post by Gizuria »

PT is that you?

Indeed, it is.[;)]
Bil H

Post by Bil H »

I thought so.. good to see you here!

Sam the Eagle

My Combat Mission Blog:
wodin

Post by wodin »

I presume this is Paper Tiger then?

Welcome..if it is paer Tiger I like to tell veryone he is one of the best if not the best scenario maker for CMSF and CMBN.

If your not Is till welcome you.

A couple of months ago the place was alive...recently it's rather dead here now.
Bil H

Post by Bil H »

Wodin, you are correct.. but be careful, you are going to give him an even bigger head than he already has.. that noggin will never fit through his sweaters at this rate. [:D]

Bil

Sam the Eagle

My Combat Mission Blog:
Ingrid37

Post by Ingrid37 »

ImageI thought so.. good to see you here!
Gizuria

Post by Gizuria »

Yup Wodin, it's me. I'm taking an extended break from CMx2 games and am currently playing both Command Ops and Distant Stars. The latter looks like it's going to be a real time sink. And I have no idea what is going to happen when the first expansion for Civ V arrives late in June.[;)] I'm really enjoying just playing games.
sweeteye

Post by sweeteye »

Welcome....Really dig your Avatar....Have not done much myself with the game lately but certainly will be again....This is a great game...One of my favorites...
Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Fascist Dog

Hi there

Quick disclaimer - I'm neither a fascist nor a dog. However, I am a long-time wargamer who really enjoys playing WW2 games, preferably as the Germans ...

I believe all the scenarios for Panter Games are playable from either the Allied, or German side, but some are recommended for the Allies only.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

Return to “Command Ops Series”