Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Decent understand of supply but a few questions...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Decent understand of supply but a few questions... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Decent understand of supply but a few questions... - 4/6/2012 4:28:03 AM   
macroman247

A week in to my first GC and things are going well. I know I need to already be planning ahead for supply issues but I'm trying to understand the big picture here. After checking out industry and actually understanding that aspect...I am curious as to how the flow of supply is supposed to go. HI and light industry produce supply (amongst other stuff) which need resources and fuel to do so. The west coast seems to produce a lot of supply so I imagine I need to transport it off to PH to be spread around to other areas.

Places like Sydney also produce supply but it seems to lack resources/fuel. Mainland AUS produces resources and fuel but it does not seem to be able to keep up with Sydney demand. Should I send fuel and resources or just fuel to Sydney via the west coast?

Basically, what do I do with major HI bases? I see Bombay, Calcutta, Chungking and other Asia based bases have a lot of industry but it seems that it is all sucked up within the mainland and nothing builds up at the base to be sent off to nearby islands that can't produce their own supply (I could be so far off on this, I'm not sure).

I understand the minute details of supply/transport...but not the overall best ways to utilize what I have.
Post #: 1
RE: Decent understand of supply but a few questions... - 4/6/2012 5:17:37 AM   
rjopel

Resources, fuel and oil take a week or so to get sorted out naturally. AUS is about 330 oil/day short but has plenty of resources. I ship fuel and supplies to AUS only. Historically they partially shutdown the refinery during the war. Fuel tankers are not the same as oil tankers and fuel was more important. If you can pull a bunch of oil early from DEI you could but it would leave a ton of fuel for Japan. I'd rather take the immediately usable fuel.

(in reply to macroman247)
Post #: 2
RE: Decent understand of supply but a few questions... - 4/6/2012 9:28:02 AM   
Itdepends

No point hauling oil if you can haul fuel. You can shut off heavy industry in Oz to preserve your fuel stocks for fleet operations. You'll have plenty of cargo ships to move supplies from the West coast to Oz but not many tankers to move fuel.

(in reply to rjopel)
Post #: 3
RE: Decent understand of supply but a few questions... - 4/6/2012 11:12:56 AM   
Alfred

Several relevant threads already on this subject.

Try this one to give you some ideas.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2941377&mpage=1&key=allied%2Cindustry

Alfred

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Decent understand of supply but a few questions... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI