Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Shipyard repairs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Shipyard repairs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shipyard repairs - 4/5/2012 11:08:56 PM   
garywjamison

Dear fellow gamers:

How do you move damaged BBs or CAs from Pearl Harbor to Seattle or San Diego? If you have to stay in Pearl is the best approach to put some ships in the shipyards for floatation repairs while other BBs and CAs get other repairs pierside?

Thanks,

Gary Jamison
Post #: 1
RE: Shipyard repairs - 4/5/2012 11:12:40 PM   
Alfred

This is the wrong sub-forum. You are reducing considerably the number of people who will see it here.

For ship repairs, see this thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2990845&mpage=1&key=ship%2Crepair%2C101

Alfred

(in reply to garywjamison)
Post #: 2
RE: Shipyard repairs - 4/7/2012 4:50:31 AM   
jmalter

hi gary,

while Alfred is right to say that this ain't the correct forum for your post, he did give you a direct link to his ShipRepair101 post, which has tons of good info. IMO it's okay that you posted here, since you're new to the forums (btw, welcome!).

i think you'll find the following points helpful:
1) keep your damaged ships at Pearl for now, prioritize the least-damaged for shipyard repair.
2) check the Pearl shipyard for damage, set its repair ON, it likely took some hits on Dec 7. the repairs will cost supply points, but Pearl has plenty.
3) don't send ships to the WestCoast for repair, until their sys damage is 0, and their float damage is ~50.
4) when creating a TF of cripples, include as much ASW as you can. I-boats are lurking near your destination ports! set the TF speed to low, else the damaged ships will accrue add'l damage in transit. try to 'sanitize' the seas around your destination ports, w/ whatever ill-trained air and nav ASW you can spare.
5) you'll be needing lots of shipyard capacity to begin 'upgrading' your ships. many upgrades require a shipyard cap of 5, to begin. but once they've started their upgrades, you can move them to pierside mode, they'll continue to upgrade, and you'll avoid overload of the port's shipyard capability.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Shipyard repairs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI