Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War in the East v1.06.08 Public Beta

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> War in the East v1.06.08 Public Beta Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War in the East v1.06.08 Public Beta - 4/5/2012 9:49:15 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

Hello all,

We have a new version of the next update. You can get a beta version in the Members Club. It has a few changes since 1.06.05, as listed below. It works with Don to the Danube, if you have that installed.

V1.06.08 – May 1, 2012

Bug Fixes

1. Fixed a crash bug that occurred when scrolling the screen to the south edge of the map.

V1.06.07 – April 28, 2012

New Features and Rule Changes

1. Improved the map redrawing routines which should speed up game play on slower systems.

Bug Fixes

1. Fixed a bug where all units with a new TOE available would upgrade immediately, instead of it being a 20% chance per turn. We think this bug was introduced at some point in the past three months but we’re not sure exactly when.
      2. Fixed a rare crash bug in the AI that could occur in a small map scenario when the lines were pushed to the edge of the map.
      3. Fixed a bug in the AI causing it to warp units into a pocket near Leningrad.
      4. Fixed a bug in the airborne drop loss function which was causing excessive losses to the airborne units.

V1.06.06 – April 4, 2012

Bug Fixes

1. Made a change to the AI that eliminates some AI cheat moves out of positions in partial pockets that they should not be able to move out of. We still think there may be other unintended cheat moves remaining. If you see a situation that looks suspect and can provide a save just before the illegal move so we can repeat the move, please send it to 2by3@2by3games.com. We would like to eliminate all of these cheat moves but there are many different AI functions so this can only be done via saves. The fix just made was possible because we had a player save that allowed us to repeat the problem.

Data and Scenario Changes

Changes in Device, OB and Leader files

1. The 42 Separate Tank Battalion (OB 241) now upgrades to the 43 Separate Tank Regiment (OB 243); a new 43 Separate Tank Battalion (OB 270) has been added for use by scenario designers. Note that the 42 Separate Tank Battalion upgrade skips over the 42 Separate Tank Regiment (OB 242) allowing separate tank battalions and tank regiments to both exist in late 1942.
        2. Revised the penetration of the American 75mm & 76mm guns (Devices 362, 363, 364 & 607). Increased the rate of fire of the following devices: 358, 362, 363, 364, 365, & 377.
        3. Corrected the name of von Both (194) from Hans-Kuno von Both to Kuno-Hans von Both.

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 5/2/2012 5:12:13 AM >

Andrew Loveridge

Production Assistant

Post #: 1
RE: War in the East v1.06.06 Public Beta - 4/5/2012 10:28:40 PM   
Schmart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge
1. The 42 Separate Tank Battalion (OB 241) now upgrades to the 43 Separate Tank Regiment (OB 243); a new 43 Separate Tank Battalion (OB 270) has been added for use by scenario designers. Note that the 42 Separate Tank Battalion upgrade skips over the 42 Separate Tank Regiment (OB 242) allowing separate tank battalions and tank regiments to both exist in late 1942.

Thank you for this.

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 2
RE: War in the East v1.06.06 Public Beta - 4/7/2012 8:34:35 AM   
sillyflower

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schmart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge

Thank you for this.

quote:

Andrew Loveridge

Yup. It had been a game-breaker up till now

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to Schmart)
Post #: 3
RE: War in the East v1.06.06 Public Beta - 4/7/2012 9:27:24 AM   
glvaca

By the way, the chance of paying 0 AP when reassigning a unit which would cost no more than 1AP doesn't seem to work.
The last few turns, I've been reassigning a lot of units at 1AP and I never had to pay nothing.
I'm playing as Russian, am I missing something?

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 4
RE: War in the East v1.06.06 Public Beta - 4/7/2012 5:56:53 PM   
Joel Billings

There is no chance of paying 0 AP. This was changed/fixed a couple of versions ago:

2. New Interface – When the auto assign button (or g hotkey) is used, a message will now appear if the Leader has made a successful leader role and reduced the AP expenditure. Per the item above, all transfers will now cost a minimum of 1 point.
5. Rule Correction (section 12.2) – The following sentence in the manual should be deleted as there is a minimum cost of 1 for any unit transfer: “A successful leader admin check that normally costs one point will reduce the admin cost of transferring that unit to zero.”

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 5
RE: War in the East v1.06.06 Public Beta - 4/8/2012 1:22:29 AM   
glvaca

ok, I could have sworn it was in the read me for the previous beta...
Thanks for the clarification.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 6
RE: War in the East v1.06.07 Public Beta - 5/1/2012 3:44:41 AM   
Erik Rutins

The new 1.06.07 Public Beta is now available. Please see the first post in this thread for the updated change list.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 7
RE: War in the East v1.06.07 Public Beta - 5/2/2012 5:11:12 AM   
Erik Rutins

The new 1.06.08 Public Beta is now available. This fixes a serious bug with the 1.06.07 Public Beta. Please see the first post in this thread for the updated change list.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: War in the East v1.06.07 Public Beta - 5/10/2012 2:58:18 PM   
jamesm

Playing as the Soviets and I am in December 1942 and I have all zones in the USSR as Blizzards with ice 10 and I am being very heavily attacked by the AI which is having a fair degree of success. This very unusual for the Axis AI blizzard zones.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: War in the East v1.06.07 Public Beta - 5/10/2012 3:59:15 PM   
Tarhunnas

There are no blizzard effects in December 1942. There is no reason the AI shouldn't be successful.

(in reply to jamesm)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> War in the East v1.06.08 Public Beta Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI