Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/5/2012 7:47:04 PM   
drw61

DaBigBabes version of scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu. It can be played as PBEM or allies verses the Japanese AI. (It will not work as Japanese player ver AI as there are too many changes to allied LCU locations.)

I used DaBigBabes-A, Stock Map, Dec.7 as a starting point and added in scenario 2 changes for this mod.
Please take a look, feedback is very welcome.

Daryl

Updated IJA Guards TOE -
Now with the scn and aei data file included
edited in economy and pilot changes
Renamed scenario - was listed as none, now DaIronBabes-A, Hakko Ichiu

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by drw61 -- 5/27/2013 4:11:28 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/5/2012 7:49:03 PM   
drw61

Here is the first half the AI Files

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by drw61 -- 12/3/2012 3:21:17 PM >

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 2
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/5/2012 7:50:53 PM   
drw61

Part 2 the AI files

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by drw61 -- 12/3/2012 3:22:58 PM >

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 3
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/5/2012 8:51:23 PM   
Captain Cruft

Great stuff, thank you.

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 4
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/5/2012 8:53:51 PM   
khyberbill

quote:

Part 2 the AI files

Are the AI files needed if playing a PBEM?

Has this Scen been played?

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 5
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/6/2012 2:00:10 PM   
drw61

quote:

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

quote:

Part 2 the AI files

Are the AI files needed if playing a PBEM?

Has this Scen been played?

I'm not sure about the AI files if playing a PBEM.

I'm testing this and have played as allies verses the AI into early 42. Everything looks good so far.
Feedback is always welcome/needed.

Thanks, Daryl

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 6
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/6/2012 6:00:24 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: drw61
I'm not sure about the AI files if playing a PBEM.

I'm testing this and have played as allies verses the AI into early 42. Everything looks good so far.
Feedback is always welcome/needed.

Thanks, Daryl

It should be ok, Daryl. The AI scripts pick LCUs from the list depending on their slot location. BigBabes didn't mess with that for Japan a whole lot, so the AI can find what it needs for Japan, so that part of the AI is cool. We screwed, unmercifully, with the Allied slots, so the AI will likely assault with a Naval Port Unit, two construction bns and a cooks and bakers regiment, rather than the 3rd MarDiv. All you gots to do is is look at what the old script is using for units and use the new slot locations for those units in the script. Simple yes? Ciao.

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 7
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/6/2012 7:05:40 PM   
drw61

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

All you gots to do is is look at what the old script is using for units and use the new slot locations for those units in the script. Simple yes? Ciao.

I believe we have differing views on the word simple

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 8
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/8/2012 5:50:28 AM   
rockmedic109

I can't get it to work. Obviously operator error on my part. I cannot find the scn file. Same with the Ironman scenario. Would copying the Babes scen 28 file over to 55/56 work? I also think the aeaidata file is missing.

Thank You

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 9
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/8/2012 1:04:59 PM   
drw61

quote:

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

I can't get it to work. Obviously operator error on my part. I cannot find the scn file. Same with the Ironman scenario. Would copying the Babes scen 28 file over to 55/56 work? I also think the aeaidata file is missing.

Thank You

You are correct, here are the two files you are looking for, I'll update the main zips this afternoon when I have time

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 10
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/8/2012 6:11:20 PM   
rockmedic109

Thank You.

I thought I was doing something wrong. It's usually the case.

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 11
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/14/2012 6:36:17 PM   
darbymcd

Thanks for this! It was something I was thinking of doing but have been too lazy.... I mean too busy. Don't suppose you would be interested in doing an extended map version????

I hope this mod gets some attention. I think scen 2 is maybe a bit more popular than 1, and DBB really does represent the best current evolution of the game, so the combination should be very popular.

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 12
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/15/2012 2:16:37 PM   
JWE

Asked Daryl for his permission to slick his scenario up with the latest and greatest Babes updates and post it on the Babes site; would include an extended map version and a reduced cargo cap version. Maybe call it DaIronBabes, DIB-A, DIB-B, and DIB-C?

Home of DaBabes

(in reply to darbymcd)
Post #: 13
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/15/2012 3:36:16 PM   
ny59giants

I would like a Scenario 2 on extended map with stacking limits and some of the device changes that JWE and others have made for Dababes. This is what you have done drw61??

Slightly OT - Could you relabel the Japanese Infantry Squads that become available in 1/43 as "Inf Sqds 43" to show the difference?? Right now, I cannot tell the difference in which units have been upgraded in my PBEM game in mid-July 43. Is there any reason why Japanese Infantry did not get an increase in anti-armor values throughout the war?? In DaBabes, there are the heavy infantry squads that come with anti-armor, but not the infantry squads.

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 14
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/16/2012 2:41:57 AM   
drw61

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I would like a Scenario 2 on extended map with stacking limits and some of the device changes that JWE and others have made for Dababes. This is what you have done drw61??

This is DBBB ver 028 DaBigBabes-A, Stock Map, Dec. 7 Start and added the extra Japanese ships, LCU's, air units and data changes from scenario 2. I'm still testing this and the Ironman version so have not started an extended map version yet but will give it a go when time allows

Slightly OT - Could you relabel the Japanese Infantry Squads that become available in 1/43 as "Inf Sqds 43" to show the difference?? Right now, I cannot tell the difference in which units have been upgraded in my PBEM game in mid-July 43. Is there any reason why Japanese Infantry did not get an increase in anti-armor values throughout the war?? In DaBabes, there are the heavy infantry squads that come with anti-armor, but not the infantry squads.
Looking at the editor for DBBB, the basic Japanese infantry unit (device 707) does not upgrade. The IJA Hy Inf Sqd 41 does upgrade and is named IJA Hy Inf Sqd 43

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 15
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/16/2012 4:23:16 PM   
JWE

Daryl has graciously given his permission to post this on the Babes site. I made an extended map version, and another with the extended map and reduced cargo capacities. With Daryl's agreement, calling it DaIronBabes. Think we know where all the different bodies are buried, so any BigBabes updates can be easily ported into DaIronBabes.

Scen030-A: AndyMac's Hakku Ichiu tweaked for Babes.
Scen030-B: Hakku Ichiu tweaked for Babes and the Extended Map.
Scen030-C: Hakku Ichiu tweaked for Babes, the Extended Map, and reduced Cargo Caps.

Uploading today.

[ed] thoughtlessly called it Ironman - changed it to Hakku Ichiu. Sorry.

< Message edited by JWE -- 4/16/2012 5:15:05 PM >

Home of DaBabes

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 16
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/16/2012 8:05:57 PM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

Daryl has graciously given his permission to post this on the Babes site. I made an extended map version, and another with the extended map and reduced cargo capacities. With Daryl's agreement, calling it DaIronBabes. Think we know where all the different bodies are buried, so any BigBabes updates can be easily ported into DaIronBabes.

Scen030-C: Hakku Ichiu tweaked for Babes, the Extended Map, and reduced Cargo Caps.

Uploading today.

DaIronBabes! Now that is a Manly name...

Daryl and JWE - Well Done.

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 17
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/17/2012 2:46:36 AM   
drw61

I love that name too! Thanks JWE for doing this.
Daryl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mac Linehan

quote:

Uploading today.

DaIronBabes! Now that is a Manly name...

Daryl and JWE - Well Done.

Mac

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 18
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/20/2012 11:34:06 PM   
Mac Linehan

drw61

Put together the DIB 30 B with extended map and new pwhexe.dat / pwzlink.dat and pwzone.dat.

LCU [6681] AdenRNBase Fortress is mis matched to hex 20,3 and in the editor is assigned to the Masirah Base [1610]. The Kuwait RNBase Fortress [6682] is mismatched to a red hex below and to the left of Abadan.

I have several DBB installs with extended map, and am familiar with the process. I reinstalled the three data and map files from the "Babes and Extended Map Data and Art" zip.

The only step that I did out sequence was to patch the game to official r9 after I installed all of the above. Perhaps I need to start from scratch - as I may have messed it up.

OK. Am very excited to play a Babes Ironman with the extended Map. Appreciate all of your and the Babes Team work.

Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 4/20/2012 11:35:47 PM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 19
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/20/2012 11:56:56 PM   
JWE

Oh, poop in a jar! You are right Mac. I forgot a couple things. Am very far away from the desktop and am relying on memory. That's pretty stupid, isn't it? Ok, will be fixed by tomorrow morning and reposted. Thanks.

Home of DaBabes

Post #: 20
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/21/2012 12:13:19 AM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

Oh, poop in a jar!

> I used too, when the medics made me do so, in the USMC... <grin>

You are right Mac. I forgot a couple things. Am very far away from the desktop and am relying on memory.

That's pretty stupid, isn't it?

> No - it is not. And my usual BS meter is turned off. There are a thousand tiny details that go along with a collaborative effort to make an IronMan Babes. We all love to edit - I most certainly have the bug. My editing is very basic compared to what you do; and I still forget stuff on a regular basis.

And, of course, we can't rule out the possibility of defection to the Dark Side...

Thank you John. I am going to do a first turn anyway. While I love the H2H solitaire - and have really learned lots; it is, after all - solitaire. Was so excited to see this new scenario that I had to take a potty break. And I know that it will be good....

Thank You both again -

Mac

Ok, will be fixed by tomorrow morning and reposted. Thanks.

About two years ago, I was playing the Japanese in a modded scn 1 against Mifune. After much effort, time and planning, we executed turn one.

When I reviewed my invasion task forces, I discovered that I had forgotten to edit and load the troops. So, empty ships were enjoying the view off Kota Bharu, the PI and other Scenic Places. His Majesty was not pleased.

Mac: Mifune - can't we just pretend this never happened and just stay friends - and let me go back to get the Boys?

Mifune: Sure - but first let me set up my attacks...

So - a fun time was had by all and I started the journey up the learning curve <grin>

Mac (again)

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 4/21/2012 3:49:08 AM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 21
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/21/2012 6:09:06 PM   
JWE

Yeah, I miss Mifune too. Anyway, it's posted up. Go ahead and download it and drop it in and update. Should be ok. Too early to worry about propagation issues anyway.

Btw, Thanks Mac.

Home of DaBabes

Post #: 22
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/21/2012 8:25:43 PM   
Mac Linehan

JWE -

Thank You for the fast work and fix. I am really excited about DaIronBabes!!!

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 23
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/21/2012 9:26:46 PM   
oldman45

Thanks to everybody involved, this is great!!

Post #: 24
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/22/2012 6:19:03 PM   
Mac Linehan

Spent most of yesterday editing and adding stuff to the DaIronBabes. Gave the Japanese more of everything - no connection with reality; just the ability for the Japanese AI to have serious staying power with more room for error. The Allies - didn't change much - they get a lot over time.

Finished the orders phase at 2300 hours, and hit 'end turn'.

Loved it - it was worth every minute. I really enjoy the logistics and planning involved with the Japanese economy; but have to say that it is a nice break to skip all that and just focus on combat. The turns are so much faster.

As I preferred the Big Babes Format, and all my spread sheets and notes were focused on DBB, it was necessary to play H2H. The stock AI was not designed to match all of the changes incorporated in Babes.

Until now.

Thanks to Daryl and the Babes Team, AI play is a go. And it will be good.

Kudos, Gents. There are, I suspect, probably several hundred hours of work involved to make it all happen.

Babes (and Super E's!) forever <grin>

Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 4/22/2012 6:21:04 PM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 25
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 4/23/2012 2:19:46 AM   
drw61

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you like it.
Daryl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mac Linehan

Spent most of yesterday editing and adding stuff to the DaIronBabes. Gave the Japanese more of everything - no connection with reality; just the ability for the Japanese AI to have serious staying power with more room for error. The Allies - didn't change much - they get a lot over time.

Finished the orders phase at 2300 hours, and hit 'end turn'.

Loved it - it was worth every minute. I really enjoy the logistics and planning involved with the Japanese economy; but have to say that it is a nice break to skip all that and just focus on combat. The turns are so much faster.

As I preferred the Big Babes Format, and all my spread sheets and notes were focused on DBB, it was necessary to play H2H. The stock AI was not designed to match all of the changes incorporated in Babes.

Until now.

Thanks to Daryl and the Babes Team, AI play is a go. And it will be good.

Kudos, Gents. There are, I suspect, probably several hundred hours of work involved to make it all happen.

Babes (and Super E's!) forever <grin>

Mac

Post #: 26
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 8/24/2012 3:54:30 PM   
ny59giants

I'm playing as Allies using this mod vs Olorin and I'm helping GreyJoy run his economy using this same mod. Both have voiced how hard it is to run the Japanese economy with the Refineries not producing any supplies. If Japan is going to have this added difficulty, then the Allied side needs to have more realistic economic problems. I would suggest having much of the economy in USA and Canada being disabled and need massive amounts of supply to repair for at least the first year of the war. The amount of supply and fuel coming into Eastern USA daily should be significantly reduced and may be add in the "CD Convoys" like those coming into Cape Town monthly show up with a steady increase in amounts as a way to demonstrate the ramp up of the USA economy. IMO, the West Coast should not have an endless amount of fuel and supply that just needs enough shipping to come and pick it up.

I know of only Damian working on a mod to address the economy of the Allies in a serious way. This mod could use some work on the Allied side, IMO.

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 27
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 8/24/2012 4:12:31 PM   
treespider

quote:

I'm playing as Allies using this mod vs Olorin and I'm helping GreyJoy run his economy using this same mod. Both have voiced how hard it is to run the Japanese economy with the Refineries not producing any supplies. If Japan is going to have this added difficulty, then the Allied side needs to have more realistic economic problems. I would suggest having much of the economy in USA and Canada being disabled and need massive amounts of supply to repair for at least the first year of the war. The amount of supply and fuel coming into Eastern USA daily should be significantly reduced and may be add in the "CD Convoys" like those coming into Cape Town monthly show up with a steady increase in amounts as a way to demonstrate the ramp up of the USA economy. IMO, the West Coast should not have an endless amount of fuel and supply that just needs enough shipping to come and pick it up.

I know of only Damian working on a mod to address the economy of the Allies in a serious way. This mod could use some work on the Allied side, IMO.

My mod which in I am in the process of redoing...addressed the ramp up of the US economy.

I accomplished this through the use of a series of damaged LI factories that need to be repaired, plus a daily supply allotment.

I am currently in the process of redoing my mod....change to the economic model will include:

- all supply production in HI industry, LI used as a resource "sink" to simulate the civilian economy in Japan.

- actually make it more rational to transport resources to industry. In current iterations of the game the supply:resource ratio makes it pointless to waste shipping assets to move resources when you can move more supply than the industry would generate.

Unfortunately I do not have an ETA on the mod...but hopefully sometime this fall.

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 28
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 8/25/2012 5:21:26 AM   
Mac Linehan

treesspider and ny59giants -

Always enjoy reading posts of your thoughts and comments on AE; particularly in this case on the resource / supply issue. It makes sense, and has a very real appeal to my view of AE.

Keep on it!

Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 8/25/2012 5:22:36 AM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 29
RE: DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu - 8/25/2012 6:39:30 PM   
drw61

quote:

Thanks for posting. This is an interesting idea.

I can do a version of this mod with what you are suggesting but what would be the correct amount to disable? Are you looking to have the economy at 100% by early 43? Mid 43? or 44?

As an example:
If we did it at 50 percent disabled then Los Angles Heavy Industry would have 430 working and 430 disabled. IIRC industry repairs at one point a day so it would take about 430 days to fully repair, or early 1943.
If we did it at 75 percent disabled then Los Angeles Heavy Industry would have 215 working and 645 disabled, so 645 days to repair or mid/late 1943.

We can also do the same thing with aircraft production to get it to slowly ramp up but you have to remember to manually turn it off during the first turn and then back on when the aircraft becomes available to produce.

Thanks Daryl

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DaBigBabes - Scenario 2 Hakko Ichiu Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI