Normandy 1944

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

blow56

Normandy 1944

Post by blow56 »

Is there a game, comparable to Gary Grigsby's WITE, for the Normandy campaign? I have a version on TOAW, but I wondered if there was a better one in Matrix style
Titanwarrior89

RE: Normandy 1944

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

No, there isn't a Normandy Campaign yet based on the WitE system......but they do have "Battles for Normandy" which is a completely different game system but it is a excellent game.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

There are several Normandy scenarios in TOAW, and currently work is being done on a future 'D-Day to the Elbe' scenario at the 5km/Regiment scale. I don't have WitE and would be curious to know what people might like included in the Normandy aspects of the TOAW scenario.
Josh

Post by Josh »

War in the West, (based on WitE, with improvements) will be released ... uhm, well it's in the pipeline. Don't know the ETA though.
blow56

Post by blow56 »

The thing that puts me off Battles In Normandy is that it doesn't give you the entire campaign, but splits it into pre-Cobra and post-Cobra. Is the game system any good?
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Their is a download some where that takes the game out 76 turns....the complete campaign. I am not sure where you can get it now.

Corrections, its still at the Normandy forum. Up where you get info and dl's.
ORIGINAL: blow56

The thing that puts me off Battles In Normandy is that it doesn't give you the entire campaign, but splits it into pre-Cobra and post-Cobra. Is the game system any good?
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

critter

Post by critter »

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Their is a download some where that takes the game out 88 turns....the complete campaign. I am not sure where you can get it now.

There is 2 versions of " On to Paris" One helps the Allies and one helps the Germans. Helps even the vs AI play.
If you go on the SSG website and look under senerios theres a link. If that don't work leave a mesage in the Battles in Normandy forums. Some one will send it to you. Comrade P saves them I know. He's helped me out a couple of times.[8D]
What do you mean we're out of amunition???
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Well, there ya go Blow56. Thanks Mr. Critter.[;)][:D]
ORIGINAL: critter

Their is a download some where that takes the game out 88 turns....the complete campaign. I am not sure where you can get it now.

There is 2 versions of " On to Paris" One helps the Allies and one helps the Germans. Helps even the vs AI play.
If you go on the SSG website and look under senerios theres a link. If that don't work leave a mesage in the Battles in Normandy forums. Some one will send it to you. Comrade P saves them I know. He's helped me out a couple of times.[8D]

critter

Post by critter »

You can find the links here.

http://ssg.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6357
What do you mean we're out of amunition???
nate25

Post by nate25 »

ORIGINAL: critter

There's a few interesting scenarios here. I'll bet you won't download just one. [;)]
I have a subtle and cunning plan.
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

I hope they dont do a Normandy version of WITE, it calls for a far more detailed approach at a Battalion/Company level rather than at Divisional level.

TOAW had a couple of good scenarios.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Return to “General Discussion”