Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply from BC to suez

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Supply from BC to suez Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply from BC to suez - 4/5/2012 12:35:02 AM   
Swedewolf

Why cant I send supply from Brittish colonies to Suez?
Post #: 1
RE: Supply from BC to suez - 4/5/2012 12:46:28 AM   
doomtrader

Are you in control of this country?

(in reply to Swedewolf)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply from BC to suez - 4/5/2012 1:08:23 AM   
Swedewolf

Playing both and they are allied. Truth is there are no BC troops in suez and I guess BC cant supply UK troops.
But if that is true how will DAK be supplied when the event give it to the germans. Question will arice soon in my German campaign.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply from BC to suez - 4/5/2012 1:32:25 AM   
doomtrader

oh I see, I thought you wanted to send PP

(in reply to Swedewolf)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply from BC to suez - 4/5/2012 1:43:40 AM   
Swedewolf

Nope. I learn more every day about the game. So playing different nations is good experience. Keep up the good work.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply from BC to suez - 4/5/2012 2:24:35 AM   
gwgardner

You must set up a German convoy from the mainland to a port in Africa, probably Tripoli. Can be from any German or Axis port on the mainland, that has a rail link to Berlin. Cannot go past Gibraltar unless the Germans own it.

< Message edited by gwgardner -- 4/5/2012 2:25:02 AM >

(in reply to Swedewolf)
Post #: 6
RE: Supply from BC to suez - 4/5/2012 3:29:37 AM   
Razz

I believe sending supplies from the colonies to Cairo was considered an exploit.

Why don't you put up a poll to see if players would like to change it?

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 7
RE: Supply from BC to suez - 4/5/2012 3:37:37 AM   
Swedewolf

So if I understood it right DAK will be limited to any city supply is awailable. They gonna be very ineffective then. Anyone played so far and used them in the desert yet. Any experience you can share?

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 8
RE: Supply from BC to suez - 4/5/2012 4:08:14 AM   
JLPOWELL

Supply WAS sent from the Commonwealth to Suez so its hardly an exploit. By coincidence I was just writing about this on the 'Great Wishlist Thread'. The UK should have MSS sources in India and South Africa which could reach Suez with very little (read effectively zero) possibility of interdiction from the Axis. ToF forces convoys through the 'Suicide Med route... UK had supply sources and bases all over the world the Axis had effectively none outside the ETO except for the isolated Ethiopia which was indefensible geographically, and irrelevant from a resource production standpoint. In ToF the Axis operates 10000 15000 km from bases like its nothing and the UK units in those areas are on somewhat equal footing (also far from base) as the UK logistical infrastructure and bases are not factored in. An egregious example is the the Sea Zones adjacent to South Africa which would benefit from bases supply and air cover but in ToF are 'remote' from base for the UK.

If anything is more seriously broken in ToF than the events system its naval combat and convoys.

"Don’t you think that if I were wrong, I’d know it?"

(in reply to Swedewolf)
Post #: 9
RE: Supply from BC to suez - 4/5/2012 4:42:23 AM   
gwgardner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swedewolf

So if I understood it right DAK will be limited to any city supply is awailable. They gonna be very ineffective then. Anyone played so far and used them in the desert yet. Any experience you can share?

If you get a convoy through from Europe to a port in North Africa for the Germans, then the DAK will be able to draw 30 supply from that port, and 20 from any other city (because there are no RRs). You can do quite well with the DAK IF you keep that convoy going. The trouble is Malta. It will often interdict your convoy.

(in reply to Swedewolf)
Post #: 10
RE: Supply from BC to suez - 4/5/2012 5:59:29 AM   
Razz

you can supply Africa from the BC.

There is a trick to it.

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 11
RE: Supply from BC to suez - 4/5/2012 3:00:02 PM   
Swedewolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Razz

you can supply Africa from the BC.

There is a trick to it.

Secret?

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Supply from BC to suez Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI