Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I Really Like What I See So Far

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> I Really Like What I See So Far Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I Really Like What I See So Far - 4/4/2012 8:45:22 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Despite some of the already mentioned omissions, I am having a great time learning this game. To me, this is almost everything I wanted from Panzer Command: Ostfront but didn't deliver. The atmosphere is really good and it feels like you are fighting in the East Front. Admittedly I only have a few hours of play time as of yet, but APOS has already impressed me more than CM:Normandy which gathers virtual dust on my HD.

More on my experiences later. I really look forward to the DLC when Matrix has them available.

mo reb

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Post #: 1
RE: I Really Like What I See So Far - 4/7/2012 5:24:27 AM   
PS Pita

As For CM normandy yes Atchtung Panzer is a much better world war II tactical strategy sim. Some of the forum members here declaring that CM2 is more realistic and "hardcore" don't know what they are talking about (and try to come off as WWII sim experts) I've played both these games and quite a bit of CM2 including battle for Normandy and CW its latest expansion. These games are scenario base and rely too much on fog of war: finding the hidden enemy on the map-once you know where they are it is a piece of cake because the enemy AI is so brain dead and ineffective (once caught out of its script.)
In regards to ballistics, infantry behavior, modal damaging armor thickness and penetration, CM is no more detailed and realistic than APOS if fact I'd say the later is a little more so. There are too many CM Normandy fanboys and toddies unwilling to admit what rubbish the interface is, the clunky camera controls, the never fixed path finding, the all too
accurate mortar fire the unrealistic accuracy of rockets which in the scenarios are used for every thing from shooting infantry to hidden tanks in vehicles behind hills on the farthest side of the map without
even line of sight which is another issue. And all battlefront can do is whine out poor excuses for all this claiming its all realistic and intended instead of fixing it.

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 2
RE: I Really Like What I See So Far - 4/7/2012 1:58:22 PM   
henri51

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

More on my experiences later. I really look forward to the DLC when Matrix has them available.

mo reb

Actually the Graviteam site has two extra scenarios for sale for around 5$ each. I assume that these are not available in the Matrix version (all I have is the demo - available on the Impulse site).

Hneri

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> I Really Like What I See So Far Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI