Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod (Question for Doom- 5/04/2012)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Design and Modding >> QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod (Question for Doom- 5/04/2012) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod (Question for Doom- 5/04/2012) - 4/4/2012 1:41:33 PM   
welk

A mod that adds Qatarra depression in Egypt (impassible terrain)

It was made only with water.

If you, guys, want to have a realistic graph terrain effect for the depression, please : note all the coordinates (x,y) of Qattara depression hex on the map in the game and post the list here. With this list (that I have no time to do), I will create eyecandies.CSV file and eyecandies.png file for adapt the "lookk" and replace sea graph by some cool special graph for the depression.

This mod includes the USA territory mod.

It works only with the 1939 grand campaign scenario (not German Grand Campaign)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by welk -- 4/5/2012 1:57:52 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/4/2012 1:43:01 PM   
welk

screen

Attachment (1)

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 2
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/4/2012 2:29:24 PM   
welk

The big problem with this game, it is that when you began in the modding work with, you can not stop any more, even though the editor is too much bugged. Even though you swear that you not mod it more longer, you mod work again and again

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 3
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/4/2012 3:17:55 PM   
Agent S

agreed.
MASSIVE POTENTIAL.
bloody frustrating

"Great men are forged in fire, it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. Whatever the cost." -Dr. Who (#1)

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 4
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/4/2012 3:21:38 PM   
Agent S

i think you need a cutomized eye candy though, the mirage is a little too big.

"Great men are forged in fire, it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. Whatever the cost." -Dr. Who (#1)

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 5
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/4/2012 5:19:13 PM   
welk

Of course.But if some guys want that sort of feature, they will have to work a few for that and to give me the list of all coordinates of all qatarra depression hex they can see in the game, at the top of the screen (I will not do this list myself, no time for that and not pleasure to do that). If someone gives me this complete list, I will just have to copy it and to do the modding work in CSV and png files.

Please, if someone do that : needed in this form (to allow copy-past more easy :

15 56
16 46
34 52

etc etc

< Message edited by welk -- 4/4/2012 5:22:05 PM >

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 6
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/4/2012 5:48:26 PM   
gwgardner

Isn't the map the same for all major scenarios?

Nice mod. Thanks for making it available.

Uxbridge once created the impassible Qattara buy making those hexes owned by a minor country that would never be played. Did the same for many of the Cyranaica plateau and scarp hexes west of Tobruk.

What is the USA mod?

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 7
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/4/2012 5:54:28 PM   
welk

Perhaps you should try the map with other scenarios (not tried myself) [Edited : Yes, I verified, you are right : so, it seems that the map will work for all european sceanrios = great)]

Concerning the mod, it would be improved If someone gave me the list of hex of qattara depression as they appearsin the game (and list of all hex players want to have as "impassible"). With this list, I will create eyescandies CSV and Png to have better graph for the mad, than this blue water. Perhaps Iwill do myself the list, but no time actually.

The USA territory is a little mod that modify the aspect of Us territory (no longer geometric territory, but more "geographical"

see here
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3072439

< Message edited by welk -- 4/4/2012 5:59:06 PM >

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 8
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/4/2012 7:27:01 PM   
doomtrader

Indeed the map is the same

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 9
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 5:25:37 AM   
Agent S

As you roll the cursor over the map in the editor you get the hex coordinates.
Should be easy for you.
I stopped counting hexes when I went through and found every invading hex along the entire coast of Europe

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 10
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 5:46:15 AM   
Razz

If I remember correctly there was a pass through the depression. Also you can go South of it.

So I suggest re-making the map with one hex through it and the ability to go South of it.

This would also enhance game play.

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 11
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 9:08:30 AM   
welk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agent S

As you roll the cursor over the map in the editor you get the hex coordinates.
Should be easy for you.

Yes, I know that. But want not to do it myself, too long and I have a lot of thing to do (to read the manuel, to study others scenarios and mods to learn more, to finish my classic wargame mod, to improve qatarra mod, to do SS unit mod,etc etc). If someone could do that in place of me and post the list, would be great. It takes not long time but I have not actually.

< Message edited by welk -- 4/5/2012 9:11:41 AM >

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 12
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 9:10:06 AM   
welk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Razz

If I remember correctly there was a pass through the depression. Also you can go South of it.

So I suggest re-making the map with one hex through it and the ability to go South of it.

Ok, thanks for info. Could you, please, in addition, upload here a little map with the "impassible" hex that were be asked in thread above (Cyranaica plateau and scarp hexeswest of Tobruk).

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 13
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 1:58:42 PM   
welk

Doom, could you please take a look about the following ?

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 14
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 2:06:25 PM   
welk

Files are here

The pb is that :

To cover my qattara water depression (in attached scenario), I have made 4 eyecandies in one of the eyecandies file of the vanilla game. I setted the depth sprite to 0 for water, 3 for beachs and 2 for my eyecandies. So, the eyescandies should cover the water and should be covred by beachs, right ?

But I see strange effects in game, as result :
1/ The eyecandies that appears is one placed in other coordinates that coordinates setted in csv (Eycandies settes 1-0 should appears, and not the one that appears.
2/The eyecandies do not cover the entire qattarra depression ( that is what it asked in CSV file, therefore : I entered all coordinates of the hex of qattarra depression)

What is wrong ?

Eyecandies file and depth Csv follow in nex thread

Attachment (1)

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 15
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 2:12:34 PM   
welk

Here are the eyecandies file and the depth sprite file (I use that with the classic wargame mod, but it may be used with other mod)

Then, to make a verification, I setted eyecandies with high value (20 in place of 2) , and the same strange effects occured. Any explanation for that ?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 16
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 2:13:31 PM   
welk

Here is the screen of the strange effect

Attachment (1)

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 17
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 7:49:06 PM   
doomtrader

except you have missed couple of hexes, all seems to be fine for me:

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 18
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 8:16:41 PM   
welk

But please, could you try try with my classic mod file (version 2.0 updated on the forum) to verify : on my PC, with this classic wargame mod, the pb occurs, that's I do not understand. I must be wrong somewhere, but Where ? I do not find.

I tried to play in a other mod on my Pc, and I have also the same pb : only the north part of depression is covered, the rest is graph water. I must have done a mistake somewhere, but I can not see where exactly. My eyecandies.png and CSV are ok, my depth sprite too. Don't know the reason, so would be interessant you try with my mod.

How I proceed is that : After installation of my mod and installation of the scenarion 1939_Qattarra, I copy the eyecandies.png and the depth sprite in the SKIN MAP(WELK CLASSIC MOD FOLDER). And when I play, the pb occurs.

< Message edited by welk -- 4/5/2012 8:17:42 PM >

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 19
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 8:38:55 PM   
doomtrader

did you tried that on other skins?

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 20
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 8:51:43 PM   
JLPOWELL

ROFL yea right perhaps extend the map to the congo....
quote:

ORIGINAL: Razz

"Don’t you think that if I were wrong, I’d know it?"

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 21
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 8:51:56 PM   
doomtrader

again seems to be fine

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 22
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 8:54:05 PM   
doomtrader

I just sent you the files to your email.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 23
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 8:56:08 PM   
welk

Yes.

I suspect the pb comes perhaps from the editor : the pb seems concern only hex that were not mountains before, but desert, if you see.

So, it's why I think it would be good (if you can do that) to install my classic wargame mod and after that, to try the quattarra mod files with, to see if the pb occurs with your PC. Somethings is bad for 2 ways : the entire depression is not covered, and the eyecandies thatappears is not with the good coordinates (I made a big red "?" on the bad eyecandies that appears in place of others, that have not the red "?"). It's very curious, I hhave no explanation for that

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 24
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 9:24:50 PM   
welk

I tried your files and the pb occurs again.

To be sure for 100% to havbe exactly the same files, I have sent to you the complete graph files of my classic mod Version 2.0 and the complete files of the qattara scenario. The depth sprite and the eyecandies adapted for qattarra are always in the skin-classic mod, you have just to copy the 2 directories in the concerned folder to have exactly the same configuration I have on my own PC.

If pb occurs not on your PC, I do not see the reason, except a pb with the editor on my PC (but curious) : as I said to you, the pb seems concern only the hex of desert I have changed in water with the editor ( the pre-existing mountains hex that I changed in editor for water are covered by eyecandies, the others ex-desert hexagone are not).

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 25
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 9:27:20 PM   
welk

screen of the same pb again

Attachment (1)

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 26
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 9:35:04 PM   
welk

If you considera scenario non worked for qattarra (and without the eyecandies in the skin map folder = a "normal scenario, you see that the mountain hex in Egypt are exactly the hex that are covered in the qattarra scenario.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 27
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 9:35:56 PM   
welk

SO, the link of relation is evident, but not the error I have no idea about the origin of that

I have made a verification in the editor and in game : the non covered hex are water (code 0) exactly as the others covered, no difference between them for parameters

< Message edited by welk -- 4/5/2012 9:37:40 PM >

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 28
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 9:48:02 PM   
doomtrader

did you used the files I sent over to you?

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 29
RE: QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod - 4/5/2012 9:50:06 PM   
welk

Yes, I used these exact files. And the same files are in the winrar I am sending to you (my e-mail is slow, they will go in few minutes)

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Design and Modding >> QATARRA DEPRESSION_Mod (Question for Doom- 5/04/2012) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI