SS units colors

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding.

Moderator: doomtrader

pescada

SS units colors

Post by pescada »

Hi all, I have a question there is some kind of mod to change the color of the German SS units, black color as in most board games??.
thanks
doomtrader

RE: SS units colors

Post by doomtrader »

Nay, SS units are within the German army so it is impossible to make them in different color.
shermanwar

Post by shermanwar »

I wondered about that too....Thats unfortunate, how about some sort of other method other then text in the counter/sprite?
pescada

Post by pescada »

It's a shame in most wargames SS units come in black and the Russian Red Guard in another shade of red, do not think is it so hard to do, although I admit that I certainly do not, but would have already changed.
A real shame that I think you could fill with a small patch of the company or any modder.
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

we tried this with minor success with Time of Wrath

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
shermanwar

Post by shermanwar »

Since TOF is the next gen of TOW lets try again for major success?? How about that idea of Moding them as a separate country??....In many ways they were an entirely separate force with different leaders and objectives but in concert with the Wehrmacht
welk

Post by welk »

I will try to re-do thie same kind of mod, for SS units (separate country)
shermanwar

Post by shermanwar »

That would be AWESOME. Given the number of units Germany fields, right now they are totally lost in the shuffle and really meaningless. I really like the separate country idea -kudos to you for that in a very BIG way! I like it because it would focus the player on what they are doing specifically after setting the regular forces in motion in the larger picture. Could I suggest they get their turn right after the Reich? -slotting in where Italy is now.

Would your mod be for counters only or a unique sprite as well?

Also when you create the units can you "load up" their value to reflect the fanaticism to the mission and shock effect of action?

Thanks again!!!!
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Also when you create the units can you "load up" their value to reflect the fanaticism to the mission and shock effect of action?

If that would be separate country, then this is not a problem
welk

Post by welk »

The SS units, if I reach the goal, will be displayed exactly as in my classic wargame mod, that uses the Combined counter mod, with all indications concenring units on the counters. At the needed moment, I will ask on the forum what values players want to have for these SS units (level, etc) and what parameters they want in Const.ini for this "SS country". In addition, I will need the list of great SS units awailablesin 19939 in the german oob (no time to make myself the search)

Yes, will try that the SS turn comes after the German. But before, I have to finish a little work about my classic wargame mod, and It would be great that one guy accept to participate in the work for Qatarra (see please the concerned thread) : I need a volunter to note coordinates of all hex of my qattara depression in the game and to post it on the forum, in the form I asked (I have no time for that). Then I could copu-past it and create good eyescandies for qatarra depression, with a better look than the actuel water.

In addition, I would need photos for the ss units, in the correct format. Some explanations by Doom concerning the "units image modding" would be needed, I have no idea how to process (I saw the photo mod, but no explanations are provided about the process)

And if possible : 100.000 us $[:D]
welk

Post by welk »

I began the work

No pb to create ss territory and ss reserve units

But I have a little pb for color : when I choice dark in the editor, I obtain ss units that are blue dark (like dark sea), but not black, the editor accept the black color for the SS country, but the SS units are not black. What is wrong ?

Please, Doom : May I try to do that in excel ? And if yes, what is the code that must be enter to have black ? May 2 countries to have the same color ? ( I tried to copy a existing color in the CSV to do a test and game crashed).

using in the editor, and if then I copy the code in the CSV file, and then if I past this code in my "in work CSV" for SS units : does it cause crash in game ? (I ask before, because when crashing with this pb of color, My pc take a very very long time to close the windows game)
welk

Post by welk »

Here is what I obtain when I choice black color for SS country in editor

Attachments
SCREEN.jpg
SCREEN.jpg (163.13 KiB) Viewed 269 times
welk

Post by welk »

The units ss have thje same blue color : These poor SS are a little bit feminine, isn't it ? [:D][8|]

But war is war, no ? All weapons may be used[:D]

If I copy the couleyr Slovakia, which is darker, SS make a little more serious. But how to have units of black colour, I do not know which code to use (I tried to copy the one that makes the publisher(editor), that gives just the purple blue)

Attachments
SCREEN3.jpg
SCREEN3.jpg (155.91 KiB) Viewed 270 times
welk

Post by welk »

screen

Attachments
SCREEN3.jpg
SCREEN3.jpg (155.91 KiB) Viewed 266 times
welk

Post by welk »

Last look of SS units

Not founded the way to make them black, perhaps Doom could find.

I must wait before to continue, because this mod is linked with the map (countries.csv). I want to include in a single map USA improved territory mod (awailable), Qattarra depression mod (in pb with eyecandies, work in progress), SS unit mod (in progress, with pb of black color for counters). These 3 mods are linked with the large europe map, and wille be usable with all the "large" scenarios starting in 1939 that have the same map.wim (Grand campaign, grand campaing german, etc)

In addition : I wait (in this thread) for suggestions parameters for :

Waffen SS country
Waffen ss units

Please, use the same terms as the editor boxes, to have not confusion between parameters

Attachments
SCREEN.jpg
SCREEN.jpg (198.61 KiB) Viewed 266 times
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Try this one:
0x000000
for black
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

IMHO:
reduce the land warfare doctrine bonus for Germany and increase it for SS, also increase the bonus for SS' commanders
welk

Post by welk »

Ok thanks, I will try.

Please, have tou seen my big pb with eyecandies here ?
tm.asp?m=3074629&mpage=1&#3075292
welk

Post by welk »

Ok, it's work, ssunits are now black. I will have to modify the type unit symbol, to have not "black on black". Perhaps a light grey will work.

Concerning the name of "SS country" : "ss" or "Waffen ss" ? I think it would be more exact to say Waffen ss, these units were the only ss units on front, I suppose.

If any guy has preference for the ss cities... I gave them Nurmberg and Leipzig. Perhaps Munich ? What do you think about ?
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

If I were you, I would create a new city next to berlin

Return to “Design and Modding”