Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reassigning armies to different fronts?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Reassigning armies to different fronts? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reassigning armies to different fronts? - 4/2/2012 6:25:32 PM   
DarkFib3r

Is there a restriction regarding the reassignment of armies under one front to another in the initial stages of Barbarossa?

I have a couple of armies in Leningrad that are attached to the Northwestern Front and I would like to assign them to the Northern Front. When I right click on the army, I can choose a HHQ, but the HHQ selection box is empty. The Northern Front HQ is 0-1 hexes away. Are there timing or leadership restrictions that I may not be aware of, or are these armies simply not reassignable?

Thanks in advance - all of my questions typically get answered by you all quickly and they are of high quality. Please keep them coming!

Cheers,
Jason
Post #: 1
RE: Reassigning armies to different fronts? - 4/2/2012 6:36:54 PM   
Walloc

Its very expensive to change HHQ for armies so i would think its cuz u havent enough points saved up. The very high cost for doing that makes them genrally a very bad idea to do. U got other things to use APs on. Sort out the C&C when u can. Else attach the units attached from those armies to the Leningrad front armies and move the NQ front armies down to where u eventually will flesh out that front. That will cost u alot less APs, but ofc u dont have endless armies in the Leningrad front.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 4/2/2012 6:37:35 PM >

(in reply to DarkFib3r)
Post #: 2
RE: Reassigning armies to different fronts? - 4/2/2012 7:49:30 PM   
Flaviusx

Not cost effective. I think HQ reassignments are crazy overpriced and need to brought down a lot (a 50% reduction in cost at a minimum), this is one of my pet peeves with the game.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 3
RE: Reassigning armies to different fronts? - 4/2/2012 8:04:00 PM   
hfarrish

As I understand it, as the Soviet you just have to live with pretty significant front overloading. Since the AP cost is so high to move armies around, do you just accept that you will have a number of them out of support range of their parent Front HQ? In other words, the primary use of APs should be getting your front line armies sorted out and in an acceptable CP balance, while making sure Fronts are perfectly aligned a secondary concern? Is it better to have an Army linked to STAVKA or a heavily overloaded / out-of-range Front HQ?

I have always tended to try to have a good semblance of order to my fronts but at the cost of a lot of APs...suspect that this leads to some wasted APs.

< Message edited by hfarrish -- 4/2/2012 8:05:08 PM >

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 4
RE: Reassigning armies to different fronts? - 4/2/2012 9:46:09 PM   
Aurelian

Transfer the divisions to Stavka first.

Then the now empty army.

Then transfer the army to the Front.

Then the divisions back to the army.

I just ran a test. To move the 18CP 41st Army from the Front to Stavka was 52AP. (Leader roll could cut that down. But then again, may not.)

So I did the following:

Transfer the 9 divisions first to Stavka cost 9AP.

Then the HQ itself to Stavka was 27AP. (leader roll cut it to 12).

Reassign the divs back to 41st Army, 0AP.

Assign 41st Army to a Front, 0AP.

So, w/o successful leader rolls, it's 52 AP vs 36 AP.

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 4/2/2012 9:49:21 PM >

(in reply to hfarrish)
Post #: 5
RE: Reassigning armies to different fronts? - 4/2/2012 10:25:57 PM   
DarkFib3r

Ah, so assigning Army HQs from Stavka to a front is a free AP operation? That's handy to know. Also, I like your work-around on how to more-efficiently shift armies to fronts.

I just looked at 12.2.1 and it states that the base admin cost to change the attachment of on-map units from one HQ to another - for a Soviet Army HQ - is 60 plus the losing leader political rating (which is zero and I have no idea what this actually means). This does seem like an expensive operation and which appears to have been the root of my original problem given that I only had 52 AP at the time. But if Stavka armies are free to attach to fronts, perhaps I'll just leave my existing armies as-is and assign Stavka armies to my fronts that need it...

Thanks for the excellent information!

Cheers,
Jason

< Message edited by DarkFib3r -- 4/2/2012 10:35:43 PM >

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 6
RE: Reassigning armies to different fronts? - 4/2/2012 10:53:57 PM   
Schmart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flaviusx

Not cost effective. I think HQ reassignments are crazy overpriced and need to brought down a lot (a 50% reduction in cost at a minimum), this is one of my pet peeves with the game.

Agree. Or increase APs given to players. I'd hazard a guess that it's less disorganizing to the command to shift a Corps/Army than it is a Division as the Corps/Army comes with it's own rear echelon and supply elements, whereas a Division more-or-less becomes a 'burden' to the higher HQ.

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Reassigning armies to different fronts? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI