Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Landing craft TF will not sail

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Landing craft TF will not sail Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Landing craft TF will not sail - 4/2/2012 12:51:14 PM   
Chris H

I have a LC TF at Talaud (79,97) with a destination on Butuan (80,89) but it will not sail. It is not loading and is being followed by an Amp TF that was fully loaded but now isn't (the ^$%^& unloaded at Talaud) despite being set to follow. I have tried all routes both with and without waypoints, changed the routing controls and threat tolerance but nothing will make this *^*^ TF move. It's leader has 71 lead, 41 insp, 38 naval, 69 agg so is it the low naval rating, insp or what causing the problem

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Landing craft TF will not sail - 4/2/2012 12:57:01 PM   
treespider

Well your screen shot shows:
- TF Destination - None
- TF Followed - 668 (!!)

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 2
RE: Landing craft TF will not sail - 4/2/2012 3:48:29 PM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

Well your screen shot shows:
- TF Destination - None
- TF Followed - 668 (!!)

Yes I know, I took the pic after I'd cancelled the destination. I was going to get the TF to follow the amphib TF which is when I found out the Amhip TF and unlaoded.

I've attached a pic before.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 3
RE: Landing craft TF will not sail - 4/2/2012 4:20:39 PM   
Don Bowen

Not 100% sure how "Remain On Station" will interact with "Follow TF". Try clearing the Remain On Station....

No, that's probably not it.

Where is the following TF? If it is too far away the followed TF may be waiting for it...

< Message edited by Don Bowen -- 4/2/2012 4:24:18 PM >

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 4
RE: Landing craft TF will not sail - 4/3/2012 7:01:46 AM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Not 100% sure how "Remain On Station" will interact with "Follow TF". Try clearing the Remain On Station....

No, that's probably not it.

Where is the following TF? If it is too far away the followed TF may be waiting for it...

Same hex and both originally loaded as Sarong. Being slower the Landing Craft TF was sent towards Taluad two turns earlier than the Amph TF as it was still loading. Once the Amph TF sailed with the follow order I then set the correct destination for the Landing craft TF. I noticed the next turn that it had not left port but put it down to the amph not having caught up. Next turn it had but still not sailed. This is when I tried different setting but nothing wiil induce it too. Even if it did now the Amph TF with the follow order started to unload at Talaud.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 5
RE: Landing craft TF will not sail - 4/3/2012 2:35:53 PM   
pompack

I have had problems in the past when I changed the destination of the lead and the followers got confused. It's been a while since I noticed it because now I just automatically set up everything again when I change.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 6
RE: Landing craft TF will not sail - 4/4/2012 6:55:55 PM   
geofflambert

Sometimes you just have to unload everything, disband your TFs and start over.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 7
RE: Landing craft TF will not sail - 4/7/2012 7:02:00 AM   
inqistor

Despite what TF path shows, movement AI will NEVER enter enemy base hex, unless specifically ordered to.

I am guessing every possible sea path to Butuan must cross Japanese base, so movement fails every time, as AI can not find clear route. You must set waypoint on one of the bases you wish to cross.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 8
RE: Landing craft TF will not sail - 4/7/2012 7:29:59 AM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor

Despite what TF path shows, movement AI will NEVER enter enemy base hex, unless specifically ordered to.

I am guessing every possible sea path to Butuan must cross Japanese base, so movement fails every time, as AI can not find clear route. You must set waypoint on one of the bases you wish to cross.

I'm affraid that appears to be the case but until I've reloaded tha stupid Amph TF that unloaded at Talaud and sent that as the lead TF I'll not know.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 9
RE: Landing craft TF will not sail - 4/17/2012 9:52:01 AM   
Chris H

Having finally reload the amph TF at Talaud (it took 10 turns) and set it as the lead TF it did sail via Siargao and Dinagat to it's objective Butuan. The leader of the AmphTF had the following stats 73 lead, 67 insp, 59 naval, 59 agg so it is possible that the problem was caused by the low naval rating.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 10
RE: Landing craft TF will not sail - 4/17/2012 12:34:22 PM   
Empire101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Having finally reload the amph TF at Talaud (it took 10 turns) and set it as the lead TF it did sail via Siargao and Dinagat to it's objective Butuan. The leader of the AmphTF had the following stats 73 lead, 67 insp, 59 naval, 59 agg so it is possible that the problem was caused by the low naval rating.

Personally, with those stats, I would have had the TF Commander shot for cowardice

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 11
RE: Landing craft TF will not sail - 4/17/2012 12:57:58 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor

Not true. At least for Singapore.

The Moose

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Landing craft TF will not sail Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI