Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Blitz War Academy mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Design and Modding >> RE: Blitz War Academy mod Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Blitz War Academy mod - 4/21/2012 4:55:40 PM   
welk

I plane also to introduce air mobile infantry (transported on helicopters, like in Vietnam) in the modern version of the mod, and in addition "special forces" (commandos, etc = will use infantry to create marines infantry special forces and airborne units for special paratroops forces). The system of separate countries for one side is a very interessant and usefull tool for modding.

Due to the fact that all infantry is motorized or mechanized in modern army, it gives one class free (classic infantry), with his graphs and sounds : in the Academy modern warfare mod, the infantry marching sound will become helo sound and graph will become graph of special forces (the range move of this airmobile infantry (a kind of "modern air cavalry" like in Vietnam) will be more and more higher than in vanilla game (due to the helo). So, scenarios for some larges "Search and destroy" operations in Vietnam will be interessant to do...

< Message edited by welk -- 4/21/2012 4:58:31 PM >

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 31
RE: Blitz War Academy mod - 4/22/2012 12:43:36 PM   
welk

To play Vs AI give a great pleasure, never seen a so intelligent AI in my wargamer life. SC2 had a good AI too, but when you tried to build a different scenario, you had to create complicated scripts to force the AI to good play, that is not needed with ToF.

Attached image : I planed 3 offensives (green), and the AI, before I could act, did try a diversion in North and concentrate dangerous heavy armored forces on my right ( a 15 strengh armored corps !). Very very intelligent opponent, great pleasure to mod this game, and great pleasure to play with : this game is a crazy monster addictive game

Attachment (1)

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 32
RE: Blitz War Academy mod - 4/22/2012 8:32:11 PM   
welk

The first test map where you will soon have to deploy your divisions and brigades vs a hard opponent AI, using the Bliz war mod academy (1920-1945) : a medium test scenario for 60 turns with a unic goal : conquer the ennemy country (or avoid to be conquered...)

2 new unit types added for human player Blue ( not for AI Red, but the Red units are improved and more better than blue units)

* Heavy long range arty (may be moved and strat. redployed) - Range fire = 2 - Move = 2
* Railroad heavy long range arty (may not be moved, only strat. redeployed by railroads) - Range fire = 3 - Move = 0

Streams are now slowing obstacles for units (in addition of their combat effects).

In the future version (1890-1920), Zeppelins, gas, campaign arty, cavalry, etc will come in addition. In the future version 1945-1991 will come jets strike, long range missiles, heavy carriers (support), special forces, airmobile cav (heliported troops like in Vietnam), etc, with adapted parameters, graphs and sounds.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by welk -- 4/22/2012 8:40:06 PM >

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 33
RE: Blitz War Academy mod - 4/22/2012 10:38:28 PM   
welk

The same map without any secret, in the editor : slowing stream have desert hex, and high impassibles mountains are water

Depending of how you place the inter-cities connexions, you may orientate the conduct of war by AI : with the vitory points, the connexions of cities and the "invisibles hex connections" (connected hex that are not cities), AI conduct may be different on 2 scenarios, even using the same map. In addition, the setting of AI forces (const and CSV parameters, etc) has also influence, and the AI config file the same.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by welk -- 4/22/2012 10:42:45 PM >

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 34
RE: Blitz War Academy mod - 4/22/2012 10:56:51 PM   
welk

Doom, please : could you take a look at this ? (attached = winrar file with .zip extension)

It's the first scenario of Blizwar in work (not completed). It works fine and no pb with in the game.

But if I try to open it in the editor : the editor returns a error exception.
If I erase 2 files, this crash does not occurs and the editor open the scenario with any pb

The 2 files are : const_Red and consts_Blue2 (consts causes not any crash)

I did a test : I copied the vanilla contents of consts.ini in this 2 files, and the crash occured : so, my deduction is that the modded content of the file is not the cause of crash in editor.

It is not a so bad problem, due to the fact the scenario works fine in game, but it's a little bit ennuyous to have to erase each time, these 2 files before to work in editor, and to not forget to re-copy them before to play in game.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by welk -- 4/23/2012 8:30:50 AM >

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 35
RE: Blitz War Academy mod - 4/23/2012 11:13:25 PM   
welk

For the purpose of the Blizwar mod, the game may have now roads in place of rails (players will have choice between 3 graph : rails, roads, or "generic communications" lines (rails+roads)

Attached are the roads

In addition, forests in plains have now the same graph than forests on hills

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by welk -- 4/23/2012 11:15:49 PM >

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 36
RE: Blitz War Academy mod - 4/24/2012 1:02:01 PM   
welk

Alternate green terrain graphs for the mod, based on the image posted by Agent S here

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2995416&mpage=1&key=

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by welk -- 4/24/2012 1:03:08 PM >

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Design and Modding >> RE: Blitz War Academy mod Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI