Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Army Sizes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Army Sizes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Army Sizes - 4/2/2012 3:24:05 AM   
jscott991

I haven't played this game in a while and now that I'm back at it, I am confused by the cap on units that can under an army.

Can you really only fit 3 corps under each army (I think I have 8 total divisions with something like 32 brigades in the three corps)?

I don't remember my Army of the Potomac topping out so far below 100k, but maybe I'm confused.

Is this something that can be modded?
Post #: 1
RE: Army Sizes - 4/2/2012 12:35:19 PM   
Floyd

On manual page 56 it says:
Army USA: max 4 corps * max 3 divisions * max 5 brigades = 60 brigades * 3000 men = 180.000 men
Army CSA: max 5 corps * max 4 divisions * max 6 brigades = 120 brigades * 4000 men = 480.000 men

You can increase the brigade size by "Logistic Upgrade/Extended Service I+II", but there
is an absolut upper limit for number of brigades per army (page 37): max 35 brigades.
So this limits the number of men to 105.000 for USA or 140.000 for CSA (numbers without upgrades).
And then there are more limits - see pages 68 (battle limits) and 136 (automatic reinforcements):
max number limited by defend, attack and charge boxes (36), the other units act as reinforcements.

(in reply to jscott991)
Post #: 2
RE: Army Sizes - 4/2/2012 2:15:08 PM   
jscott991

Can this be modded?

I'm guessing no. I looked through all the files.

I find it kind of funny that the Army of Northern Virginia can be larger than the Army of the Potomac.

(in reply to Floyd)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Army Sizes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI