Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where are the AARs?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Where are the AARs? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where are the AARs? - 4/2/2012 12:18:37 AM   
henri51

This is the second Matrix game in a row that has no AARs at all after a few days of postings. AARs usually give a pretty good feeling for the game. Videos are more of a publicity tool, especially videos without any oral comment where I see a cursor moving around and units magically appearing on the map or moving around or blowing up. I watched a couple of the videos and still don't have a clue as to how this game works.

Let me be clear - no AARs means no sale for me!

I vaguely remember downloading the original demo of the previous version of this game when it first came out, and all the instructions were in Russian. I erased the demo from my drive after some frustrating hours of trying to figure out what was going on. I am not going to repeat that experience until I am sure that this is not a recycling of that experiment.

Henri
Post #: 1
RE: Where are the AARs? - 4/5/2012 1:04:56 AM   
henri51

Since getting no response from my previous post, I spent a couple of hours searching the web for reviews and AARs for this game, and I was surprised by the overwhelming positive reactions of some of the reviewers, including some I respect like Singleton Mosley (actually his AAR was of the previous version of this game - Kharkov).

One thing that is not obvious from the publicity is an interesting innovation: each scenario has a number of moves (say ten), but each move is broken down into a series of real-time 3-D battles, so on the next move, you have to deal with whatever happened on the previous move.This is different than say Combat Mission, where each scenario is ONE continuous IGOWEGO series of moves until the end.

To come back to reviewers, a fair number of them consider this game the best WW2 tactical game, which is not the impression I got from the lack of information on this forum.

I still don't understand why this site has no AARs which for me are the best selling-point for any game. At least someone other than me should post links to some of the best AARs on other sites.

Henri

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 2
RE: Where are the AARs? - 4/5/2012 5:09:22 AM   
bairdlander

Try the new demo for this game,its much better than Kharkov,still pretty frustrating ui,ut not as mind boggling.

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Where are the AARs? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI