Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

US TERRITORY MOD

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Design and Modding >> US TERRITORY MOD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
US TERRITORY MOD - 4/1/2012 8:31:27 AM   
welk

A question for Doom, please : are there any events (AI events or others) linked with the hex (x,y) position in the usa aeras ?

I would try, in the future, to modify the USA territory, to have a more realistic design for this country, but if there are some such events, I will have to modify them too

< Message edited by welk -- 4/16/2012 11:26:08 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Modding USA TERRITORY (for Doom) - 4/1/2012 12:06:37 PM   
doomtrader

Most probably yes, but IIRC, all of them should be within the usa events file

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 2
RE: Modding USA TERRITORY (for Doom) - 4/1/2012 2:14:05 PM   
welk

Here is a little mod for the "Grand campaign scenario" (not German grand campaign), that gives a better geographical look for USA

Note for Doom and developpers : The (new) editor seems more (very more) stabilized than other versions, even it's a little few difficult to work with, concerning naval zones (no alphabetic order = very difficult to find zones in the list )

Attachment (1)

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 3
RE: Modding USA TERRITORY (for Doom) - 4/1/2012 2:25:17 PM   
welk

screen

Attachment (1)

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 4
RE: Modding USA TERRITORY (for Doom) - 4/1/2012 2:28:14 PM   
doomtrader

This looks really nice and it might be good idea to implement those changes in one of the next releases

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 5
RE: Modding USA TERRITORY (for Doom) - 4/1/2012 2:37:58 PM   
welk

That, and the entire classic wargame mod if you want, with the complementary "editor mod" I will do in 2.0 version (the actual 1.0 version is just a beta-test)

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 6
RE: Modding USA TERRITORY (for Doom) - 4/13/2012 10:54:39 PM   
welk

Tried to improve more US territory in the editor : it works ok. But when you try to modify the place of "center of sea nodge (player and ennemy position), you get a "exception error message". Editor seems to be bugged in this part (not by changing the sea nodes, just when you try to change "player" and "ennemy" position coordinates). Would be great if fixed, because it would allow to have a better geographical North American territory (precision : I did not erase any sea node, just modified a few the space of some sea nodes)

Edit : If you try to ignore this exception error message, and if you choice "ignore" + save the scen, then game crashed when you try to play the scen.

< Message edited by welk -- 4/13/2012 11:01:08 PM >

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 7
RE: Modding USA TERRITORY (for Doom) - 4/15/2012 3:41:05 PM   
welk

For those who want to modify sea nodes in the game, a alternate way is that :

1/ To change coordinates of "central point" of sea node in the sea nodes CSV file directly. The same for coordinate of player/ennemy graph position.
2/ Then, in the editor, to change only the desired hex ( if land added on a hex, do not forget to give it a nationality).

With this alternate way, USA territory may be changed for a more "geographical look"

Question for Doom : are sea nodes concerned by some events in 1939 GC ? (if yes, I will not erase any sea node. If non, I will perhaps erase one - no sure, therefore, will see.

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 8
RE: Modding USA TERRITORY (for Doom) - 4/15/2012 4:15:24 PM   
welk

New - and probbaly definitive - look of USA territory. No more longer "geometrical" form, but more "exact" ( hum ) configuration

No sea node erased, no city moved : just replaced some sea hex by land hex and a few moved the center point graph and player/ennemy position graph of Mass. bay sea node

Attachment (1)

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Design and Modding >> US TERRITORY MOD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI