Map Maker Err Message

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

k9mike

Map Maker Err Message

Post by k9mike »

Cant open map maker. Gives me an err message about Cant operate =32 bit or something like that. I have mine set to 32 bit so not sure why it wont open application.

rickier65

RE: Map Maker Err Message

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: k9mike

Cant open map maker. Gives me an err message about Cant operate =32 bit or something like that. I have mine set to 32 bit so not sure why it wont open application.

This might be referring to your color bit depth? Perhaps your default desktop? Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

Thanks
rick

k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Tried to do a screenshot and cant get it to come out.....Here is what it says.
Cant run application: Minimum Color Depth= 32bit

Mike

Well, I got it fixed...Seems my PC was set at 16 bit...not sure how it got bumped down to that...[&:]
Thx all anyway
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: k9mike

Tried to do a screenshot and cant get it to come out.....Here is what it says.
Cant run application: Minimum Color Depth= 32bit

Mike

Well, I got it fixed...Seems my PC was set at 16 bit...not sure how it got bumped down to that...[&:]
Thx all anyway

Glad you found the problem!

thanks for letting us know.

Rick
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

No Problem, as always...Thanks for quick replies and help Rick. [;)]
Not very familiar with this Map Maker...Was hoping to make a Kurland Battle...
Mike
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Rick, I have run into another problem and need to send you picture of what it is doing. I cant post the picture here as it does not support how it was save, and I dont have any software to convert it. Please PM me with your email so I can send it to you.
Mike

Attachments
Map Maker Problem.jpg
Map Maker Problem.jpg (53.45 KiB) Viewed 132 times
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Windows comes with a program called Paint. You should be able to open your picture with it and save it as another format like jpeg.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Thanks...didnt know you could change the format on what you wanted saved in that program. See above post for what I am having troubles with. This is what I get when I am trying to import the map.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

The map maker uses DEM files to get elevations. The game comes with the files for the area of the East Front where the battles take place. If you are wanting to map another area of the earth, you need to go to the SRTM website and get the DEM file.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

There is a link to the website and some other tips in this thread

tm.asp?m=2937707
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

The map maker uses DEM files to get elevations. The game comes with the files for the area of the East Front where the battles take place. If you are wanting to map another area of the earth, you need to go to the SRTM website and get the DEM file.

The thing is...I was using an area on the Eastern Front. Maybe cause it was not in a common area. (Near Baltic) This is a Extreme Late War Scenario I was going to make. It involves small engagement near the "Vistula Lagoon". It happened on May 6th 1945. Any ideas?
Mike
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Yes, do as I suggested and look at the other post. It lists the DEMs that come with the game. You need a copy of 42.01 to do a map of your area.
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Thx, got it. Just not sure about making map. This editor is kind tough...
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Yes it is. I've only tried a couple of times. Rick is the man to ask but he is off the grid for a week.
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Yah, He told me via email. Not sure going to be able to make a map. I tried, even with a utube tutorial....Still not coming out right. Thx alot for the help. [:)]
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Use this step by step guide.

tm.asp?m=2801622

If you still have troubles then I can try to help.

I have a little experience with Map Maker.

I'm sure Rick has more experience with the program but maybe we can at least get you started while he's gone.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Thx MR. Guess maybe will try to give it another shot. Appreciate all the help. MR...Do you play any H2H on this game? My name is k9mike in dropbox...If you would like to play one give me a howler. [;)]
Mike
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I'm sure MR will be able to help. He's made quite a few maps with Map Maker. I only have some internet access for a couple of days, and I don't have PCO with me.

Good luck!
Rick
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

I haven't been involved in PCO for awhile now. I have a new job and it creates some sporadic free time for me.

I might be inclined to start playing some games when we find out if the code is finally set.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

Return to “Tech Support”