RHG

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

sajer

RHG

Post by sajer »

Ok, I have been playing a few turns a day for the last nine months - I have read the boards and manuals. But yet have no idea what if anything RHG units play a part in the grand scheme of it all.

Is thier ANYBODY that can tell me one good thing that they contribute - before I send them to the recycle bin?
Flaviusx

RE: RHG

Post by Flaviusx »

They are replacement pool fodder, near as I can tell.

Both sides have a lot of rear echelon stuff of dubious value that winds up getting disbanded.

WitE Alpha Tester
sj80

Post by sj80 »

I use them for "controlled" rail repair in the backyard.

Attachments
Unbenannt.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg (92.55 KiB) Viewed 134 times
Flaviusx

Post by Flaviusx »

That's very clever, SJ80.
WitE Alpha Tester
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

That's the HQ you should place your security divisions and other rear guarding stuff under to free up command points of other HQ. You may restrict these HQ with a 50-60% maxTOE settings so attrition losses are not replaced until needed.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Farfarer61

Post by Farfarer61 »

perhaps not important now OKH is unlimited, but that Construction Battion herding could be a new use for RHG.
Cecilia48

Post by Cecilia48 »

ImageThey are replacement pool fodder, near as I can tell.
sajer

Post by sajer »

The only possible thing I see is the RR unit herding sj80 posted. Quite clever - never though of that one. Other than that they are tits on a bull. If SEC units are attached to them they revert back to OKH control once thier corresponding RHG HQ is disbanded. And now OKH control is now limitless (a good thing to think of when your Army HQ's are overloaded). I have switched resting PZ corps over to OKH control - if it is an extended refit/rest.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Still best to disband T1 so as to get more fighting men to the front as many inf divs start significantly understrength. Sec units do job just as well under OKH.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

In 1941, the Germans don't have enough Armaments to equip the extra replacements. And, you have alot of holes to fill with RR repair. I would use them thusly through 1941; you can target certain areas for RR repair, which is very useful to fill gaps.

By the time the summer '42 campaign rolls around, though, you need the replacements. And by then, you probably don't need alot of RR repair. That's when you disband them.
Disgruntled Veteran

Post by Disgruntled Veteran »

Anyone have trouble attaching Construction batallions to the RHG? Whenever I try to reassign them, the RHG never comes up as a viable option.
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

ORIGINAL: Disgruntled Veteran

Anyone have trouble attaching Construction batallions to the RHG? Whenever I try to reassign them, the RHG never comes up as a viable option.
You can't, if your HQs are locked. Unfortunately, you can only manage to get SUs into them if you let the AI autoshuffle your SUs. One of those glaring inconsistencies in the game.
Disgruntled Veteran

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

ORIGINAL: Disgruntled Veteran

You can't, if your HQs are locked. Unfortunately, you can only manage to get SUs into them if you let the AI autoshuffle your SUs. One of those glaring inconsistencies in the game.

Ahh. Well, saves me the time of trying to figure that out. Thanks for the tip. So where's that disband button again......
sj80

Post by sj80 »

No, you can add Const SU to RHG with Option locked. I play always with locked SU.

The RHG unit has to be very close to the unit that contains the Const SU and the Const SU has to be "inside" this unit and not on the map.

I do it that way:
*Place RHG next to OKH
*Sent Const SU from map back to the OKH
*Assign the Const SU to RHG

sj80
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

ORIGINAL: sj80

No, you can add Const SU to RHG with Option locked. I play always with locked SU.

The RHG unit has to be very close to the unit that contains the Const SU and the Const SU has to be "inside" this unit and not on the map.

I do it that way:
*Place RHG next to OKH
*Sent Const SU from map back to the OKH
*Assign the Const SU to RHG

sj80
Ahh...thanks for the tip. I've always tried "pulling" them into the RHGs from OKH and that doesn't work. Another inconsistency with them that, in my opinion, makes them simply replacement fodder.
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

RHG and OKH are on the same hex and I still can not assign the construction unit to RHG [&:]

Disgruntled Veteran

This was/is my same issue.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Use the "Assign/Form" button from within the RHG command HQ.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

Turn sent to opponent. Will try it when I get it back, but thanks.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

In 1941, the Germans don't have enough Armaments to equip the extra replacements.

you do if you manage arty (esp. heavy) TOEs and RHQs give you plenty of neeeded riflemen at little cost in arms points. At least it's clear there is now a trade-off.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”