Poland and URSS : strange situation in game

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

welk

Poland and URSS : strange situation in game

Post by welk »

To make a test for "alternate what if?, I did during the first german turn (1939-Grand campaig, with the non modified vanilla game) a declaration of war, as Germany to URSS. So Urss and Urss are at war, but russian forces may not enter in Poland to intervene vs German forces.

Is it a normal situation in the game ?[X(]
doomtrader

RE: Poland and URSS : strange situation in game

Post by doomtrader »

Indeed, as the SU and Poland are not at war and also SU is not allied with Poland.
welk

Post by welk »

I tried to set SU as 1 in the editor (grand campaign) to see what would happend. The game works, but Su does not appers in the list of country at war with Germany (GB, France, Iraq, etc). Soviet units may enter in Poland, but no any fight is possible between german and soviet units. And all soviet units entered in Poland are considered as polish unit by the interface.[X(]

So, I assume that in the game, URSS MUST be coded as 6 in editor (with code 1, nothing works correct ; fight not allowed for soviet unit against german). I have to say that with a such system, no any what if? scenario may be created ;[8|] : it is impossible in the game, at this time, to create a what if with URSS at war in 1939 to intervene in favour of Poland (I know it's a little few "non historic", but the game should be allow that, I am affraid about this limitation, for other what if? alternate scenarios. In this case of limitation in alliances changes, perhaps would be better for modders and designers to work only "in the WW2" normal way, but not "out of this way" (alternate what if? scenarios).

Other question, please : the manual says that there are only 3 alliances. But in the editor, concerning the alliance parameter, GB is coded as 4, URSS as 6, Germany as 5, France as 1, etc

The only explanation I see is that : code = 4 is the "chief country" of allies (GB)
code= 6 is the "chief country of Comintern" (URSS)
code = 1 is for all members of allies alliance
code = 2 is for all members of axis alliance
Code = 5 is for chief country of Axis Alliance

Other question, please : what is "British union" (coded 2) = seen in editor as inactive country. Is it a special country for "collaboration with Germany" in case of german occupation in GB ? (2= code for member sof Axis alliance, I thikn, right ?)

In addition : I noticed that : in the (new)editor, the "edit relation" command does not work at all.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

I tried to set SU as 1 in the editor (grand campaign) to see what would happend. The game works, but Su does not appers in the list of country at war with Germany (GB, France, Iraq, etc). Soviet units may enter in Poland, but no any fight is possible between german and soviet units. And all soviet units entered in Poland are considered as polish unit by the interface
You also need to edit the relations file and set up the relations between SU and Germany to 1 (war)

Other question, please : what is "British union" (coded 2) = seen in editor as inactive country. Is it a special country for "collaboration with Germany" in case of german occupation in GB ? (2= code for member sof Axis alliance, I thikn, right ?)

Yep, this country can be activated later in the game.
welk

Post by welk »

Dummy I am[8|] I thought I had made the modif in CSV countries file, but forgotten. All works fine

So, with modification of alliance code for URSS and modification in CSV countries, we may change all political situation in Europe = good think to know for heavy modifications of political situation [:'(] But I have top say that soviet units become hidous when you take this option code 1 for Urss as alliance : a dark purple, like catholic bishops[:D].

Concerning the editor "edit relation" : do you plane a effective command, or do you plane to keep the actualm situation (modifs or frelations in CSV file only)

I will begin to explore in details the editor after my classic wargame mod will be finished. But before to explore the editor, I will realize a special graph mod for this editor, with more clear hex, like my classic wargame mod (it's at this time a little few difficult to work with editor, I saw, beacauseall hex are very "dark" and you may not see exactly what you do). I will update here the mod for all other interrested players, then they will be able to use the editor with more clear hexagons.

Return to “Time of Fury”