How to intercept?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Zonso

How to intercept?

Post by Zonso »

Situation: For several turns now a specific area has been plagued by Partisans. My reactive responses has been to place Forts on key rail junctions and have roving Regiments deal with the Partisans. However, being pro-active I want to deny the air supplies to the Partisans in the first place so I placed an airbase in the area initially with one fighter group, then two. I have had them on day and night missions yet I do not see any increase in the kills and obviously with the Partisans still active they are not intercepting any of the air supply missions.

How do I intercept the air supply missions to the Partisans?
elmo3

RE: How to intercept?

Post by elmo3 »

Partisan supply happens at night so make sure you have your air doctrine set properly for night fighter intercept. The best way to be proactive about stopping partisans is to make sure all captured urban areas are properly garrisoned to minimize partisans in the first place. See section 17.2 for the details on that.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Zonso

Post by Zonso »

Yes, all cities are properly garrisoned. The Fighter Group is set for night operations yet has not shot down a single airplane. What does 'air doctrine set properly for night fighter intercept' mean? Thanks.
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Make sure your air doctrine isn't set very low for night fighter intercept. I assume your night fighter units are in good shape (good morale and most aircraft ready to fly). Also if you have Percent required to Fly set too high then a unit with a low number of ready aircraft won't fly.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Zonso

Post by Zonso »

IIRC, the percent set to fly is 25% and intercept is 125%. Yes, the morale is high and no fatigue.
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

OK if you want to attach a save file here I'll take a look.

WitE alpha/beta tester

Return to “The War Room”