Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

well.......

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Team Assault: Baptism of Fire >> well....... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
well....... - 3/29/2012 8:18:47 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Some body, stick your foot in the water so we'll know how cold it is...... Anyone with a short played review?

Just wondering if its like the old Sudden Strike games.

< Message edited by Titanwarrior89 -- 3/29/2012 8:19:22 PM >

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Post #: 1
RE: well....... - 3/29/2012 8:28:44 PM   
nomet

Here is a review from one of the beta testers (xerxsis) http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=33150

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 2
RE: well....... - 3/29/2012 8:42:35 PM   
mbar

Quick thoughts.

I'm getting used to the squad movement mechanic. The game selects your squad and cycles through each soldier as you give it a move order. This makes it quick. Scan the map, I want a solder here, here and here. Click done and they move to the spots. Then they each get an action order. click done. Then repeat for the other squads. The enemy is moving too.

[edited for truth]

10 maps. I thought this had a map editor but I haven't seen it yet.

I'm looking forward to digging deeper when I get home.

< Message edited by mbar -- 3/29/2012 9:42:05 PM >

(in reply to nomet)
Post #: 3
RE: well....... - 3/29/2012 8:55:34 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Thanks guys! Doesn't sound bad but if it has no editor with it....then its a no buy for me.
quote:

ORIGINAL: mbar

Quick thoughts.

I'm getting used to the squad movement mechanic. The game selects your squad and cycles through each soldier as you give it a move order. This makes it quick. Scan the map, I want a solder here, here and here. Click done and they move to the spots. Then they each get an action order. click done. Then repeat for the other squads. The enemy is moving too.

No save feature but as the skirmish is a quick fight there wouldn't need to be one.

10 maps. I thought this had a map editor but I haven't seen it yet.

I'm looking forward to digging deeper when I get home.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 4
RE: well....... - 3/29/2012 8:57:39 PM   
Titanwarrior89

THanks Nomet...the purchase page says there is a map editor, is that correct?
quote:

ORIGINAL: nomet

Here is a review from one of the beta testers (xerxsis) http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=33150

(in reply to nomet)
Post #: 5
RE: well....... - 3/29/2012 9:01:14 PM   
LarryP

Dang, no save. I was almost ready to buy it too. Even if the skirmishes are short, I need save.

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 6
RE: well....... - 3/29/2012 9:09:38 PM   
nomet

it is a save its just a bit strange. if you klick leave match you will get an auto save. then open chose map in skirmish and you will have the save in the bottom of the list. we will provide the editor in a separate link becuse its as big as the game and we want the people who download and dont want it not to have to wait for a dubble download.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 7
RE: well....... - 3/29/2012 9:12:53 PM   
LarryP

Well now I'm back on board. That kind of save is good enough for me!

(in reply to nomet)
Post #: 8
RE: well....... - 3/29/2012 9:13:03 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Okie Doe, thanks Nomet. Sounds great.

(in reply to nomet)
Post #: 9
RE: well....... - 3/29/2012 9:37:19 PM   
mbar

quote:

then open chose map in skirmish and you will have the save in the bottom of the list

AH!Thanks! I might have found it eventually if I stopped picking "random map"

Saves each map too. I like!

Looking forward to seeing the map editor but in the mean time I'm having fun with the force builder.

(in reply to nomet)
Post #: 10
RE: well....... - 3/30/2012 9:55:49 AM   
DBeves

quote:

it is a save its just a bit strange. if you klick leave match you will get an auto save. then open chose map in skirmish and you will have the save in the bottom of the list. we will provide the editor in a separate link becuse its as big as the game and we want the people who download and dont want it not to have to wait for a dubble download.

quote:

the map editor b

Where is the download then. Advertising a game with a map editor then not including it - even separately, is false advertising.

(in reply to nomet)
Post #: 11
RE: well....... - 3/30/2012 10:11:19 AM   
nomet

This is just a big mix up. It's a miss communication between us and slitherine/matrix. We took it out cause of teknical issues and it was never updated in the product page. But we will release a version for those who want it as soon as we can (hopeing for today) on our forums and I will link to it here.

< Message edited by nomet -- 3/30/2012 10:17:56 AM >

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 12
RE: well....... - 3/30/2012 3:36:55 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Thanks Nomet. We will be waiting patiently for it.
quote:

This is just a big mix up. It's a miss communication between us and slitherine/matrix. We took it out cause of teknical issues and it was never updated in the product page. But we will release a version for those who want it as soon as we can (hopeing for today) on our forums and I will link to it here.

(in reply to nomet)
Post #: 13
RE: well....... - 3/30/2012 5:42:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

Apologies for that mix-up, we're correcting that on the product page now.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 14
RE: well....... - 3/30/2012 6:25:21 PM   
nomet

quote:

I talked to the programmer it will not be out today, we are working on it. But we will release a bunch of animaion blend files from the game and models so that the community can use them to play around with and even change animations. Just as something extra for those who like to mod or play with.

(in reply to nomet)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Team Assault: Baptism of Fire >> well....... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI