Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Zeal game studio introduction!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Team Assault: Baptism of Fire >> Zeal game studio introduction! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Zeal game studio introduction! - 3/29/2012 6:19:33 PM   
nomet

Hi all my name is Robin and I'm the CEO of Zeal game studio, the makers of TA.

First off most of these questions and answers are already in this forum: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=135.

But I will of course answer them here too. :) Team Assault is a project developed by a bunch of really dedicated people that had a a dream to return the turn-based tactics to the market. When we started the development we where happily unknowing and working on the dream to become a game studio. We worked hard on this game on all the free time we had and was finally signed by slitherine a few years back. At the time we where greatly inspired by table top games and wanted Team Assault to be a multiplayer only experience to mirror that same essence of fun that we experienced from table top games. Later we found out that most players prefer a single player campaign we learned our lesson and added AI and a skirmish mode. It was to late to build the campaign in to the game. Even if we still have the dream that TA will be a successful game and that people will love the idea of what we set out to do. TA has many faults but we hope those who dig deeper will see that it weight's up its flaws with it's deep gameplay. Many of the unique things with Team Assault is it's weapon system and real line of sight. That the game takes lots of energy delivering morale and an advanced system. We have spent over 3 years developing this game back and forth and now today we are a real game studio with other big games in our pipeline. Much of what we are today we have Team Assault to thank for. We hope that all of you who gives the game a chance will see the hard work that has been put in to making it. If you like the idea of a new era of turn-based tactics we would love nothing else but to make new games just like this one but with our new engine and with a sprawling campaign. It is all up to if the game is successful or not. Right now Zeal does not have the financed resources to make games that are not founded by publishers. From all of us here at zeal who have bled and cried to make this game happen.

Thank you for your time. Best Regards, Robin Flodin and everyone at Zeal game studio!
Post #: 1
RE: Zeal game studio introduction! - 3/29/2012 10:18:17 PM   
general_solomon

Hello, do video gameplay of the release build.

(in reply to nomet)
Post #: 2
RE: Zeal game studio introduction! - 3/29/2012 10:46:40 PM   
Joram

Good luck on your new release! Definitely interested in it and agree with the feedback that a good single player experience is critical.

(in reply to general_solomon)
Post #: 3
RE: Zeal game studio introduction! - 3/30/2012 12:44:26 AM   
mkjhartmann

Good luck to the Zeal team. I purchased the game just to support small companies making strategy games. I will hopefully be able to play it tonight after work.

I am sure your passion will be reflected in a product that matures with patches, and is well supported.

Thank you for your energy and commitment to bring a turn based tactical product to the market.

Mike

< Message edited by mkjhartmann -- 3/30/2012 12:45:03 AM >

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 4
RE: Zeal game studio introduction! - 3/30/2012 4:04:57 AM   
gunnergoz

I'm going to try this out tomorrow because it looks intriguing. I wish you guys much good luck - particularly if you can really get a turn-based tactical game going that has a campaign driving it. I would especially like it if such an engine allowed us to replicate all WW2 armies in all theaters of that war, from either side. Too much to ask? I hope not.

BTW, did your group ever think of going to an alternative funding source like kickstarter dot com for your follow-on titles? With this game out the door and available to be bought, played and reviewed, I'd think you'd have the street cred to attract a lot of investors (i.e. the many buffs like me for games like this) to such a project.

"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying

(in reply to mkjhartmann)
Post #: 5
RE: Zeal game studio introduction! - 3/30/2012 12:32:30 PM   
nomet

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunnergoz

I'm going to try this out tomorrow because it looks intriguing. I wish you guys much good luck - particularly if you can really get a turn-based tactical game going that has a campaign driving it. I would especially like it if such an engine allowed us to replicate all WW2 armies in all theaters of that war, from either side. Too much to ask? I hope not.

BTW, did your group ever think of going to an alternative funding source like kickstarter dot com for your follow-on titles? With this game out the door and available to be bought, played and reviewed, I'd think you'd have the street cred to attract a lot of investors (i.e. the many buffs like me for games like this) to such a project.

We have been thinking of it. Might give it a try :)

(in reply to gunnergoz)
Post #: 6
RE: Zeal game studio introduction! - 3/30/2012 12:32:57 PM   
nomet

quote:

ORIGINAL: general_solomon

Hello, do video gameplay of the release build.

Yes I should do this!

(in reply to general_solomon)
Post #: 7
RE: Zeal game studio introduction! - 3/30/2012 12:33:16 PM   
nomet

quote:

ORIGINAL: mkjhartmann

Good luck to the Zeal team. I purchased the game just to support small companies making strategy games. I will hopefully be able to play it tonight after work.

I am sure your passion will be reflected in a product that matures with patches, and is well supported.

Thank you for your energy and commitment to bring a turn based tactical product to the market.

Mike

Thank you :)

(in reply to mkjhartmann)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Team Assault: Baptism of Fire >> Zeal game studio introduction! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI