Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Asia Aflame-

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Asia Aflame- Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Asia Aflame- - 3/29/2012 2:35:44 AM   
lion_of_judah

Asia aflame is a hypothetical conflict set in the modern times after the economic collapse of 2010. Several nations have merged into one such as the " Indo-Chinese Union". Manchuko is hypothetical only because I want to see how long they last against the Chinese and thought they would be kind of neat to throw in there. Republic of China or what we call Taiwan is there as well and will be itching to get back at those Commie pinko's......

units will be division/brigade, regiment and Battalion. each hex equals 50 miles

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 3/29/2012 7:38:04 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Asia Aflame- - 3/29/2012 2:37:01 AM   
lion_of_judah

2nd screen shot of China

Attachment (1)

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 2
RE: Asia Aflame- - 3/29/2012 2:37:52 AM   
lion_of_judah

screen shot 3 shows the chinese and Indo-Chinese union border areas.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: Asia Aflame- - 3/29/2012 2:38:47 AM   
lion_of_judah

this screen shot shows the Indo-Chinese Union

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4
RE: Asia Aflame- - 3/29/2012 2:39:34 AM   
lion_of_judah

this screen shot show Indonesia

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5
RE: Asia Aflame- - 3/29/2012 2:40:33 AM   
lion_of_judah

this screen shot show Japan -

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
RE: Asia Aflame- - 3/29/2012 2:41:15 AM   
lion_of_judah

screen shot shows Manchuko....

Attachment (1)

Post #: 7
RE: Asia Aflame- - 3/29/2012 2:42:11 AM   
lion_of_judah

screen shot of Papa New Guinea

Attachment (1)

Post #: 8
RE: Asia Aflame- - 3/29/2012 2:43:16 AM   
lion_of_judah

finally a screen shot of the Philippines

Attachment (1)

Post #: 9
RE: Asia Aflame- - 3/29/2012 2:44:28 AM   
lion_of_judah

i have Australia and Russia yet to place unit wise then play testing will begin...

Post #: 10
RE: Asia Aflame- - 3/29/2012 6:03:08 AM   
lion_of_judah

unit sizes are as follows:

Infantry Division- 60 Infantry
10 machine guns
9 mortar
9 bazooka/rpg
4 tanks - ( 40) tanks

Infantry Brigade- 20 infantry
04 machine guns
03 mortars
03 bazooka/rpg - some infantry brigades will have this, but a lot will not.

Infantry Bltn- 6 infantry
1 machine gun
1 mortar
1 bazooka/rpg

Tank Brigade- 9-11 tanks - each tank equals 10 tanks
3-4 armoured cars
2 infantry
4 AIFV which will be 40 AIFV

Mech-brigade - 20 infantry - 4000 men
04 machine guns
03 mortars
03 bazooka/rpg
04- tanks
3-4 armoured cars

Fighter Grp- 14-15 planes - each plane equals 1 plane

each infantry is a company so 60 infantry will be 12,000 men while 20 infantry ( brigade) will be 4,000 men 1 machine gun equals 1 plt of machine guns, and 1 mortar equals a plt of mortars. 1 bazooka/rpg same thing. infantry guns are now recoiless rifles and 1 recoiless rifle equals 1 plt as well. Ships- 1 ship equals 1 ship.

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 3/29/2012 9:20:51 AM >

Post #: 11
RE: Asia Aflame- - 3/29/2012 6:34:07 AM   
lion_of_judah

Below is a brief description of what this scenario will entail and one avenue of play, possibly.

The year is 2010 and with the financial collapse of the U.S. economy and the U.S. retreat from europe and asia allowed China to take steps which were unthinkable just 5 years before.

Mongolia is resource poor and so will not be able to support a large army, they are however allied with Russia. Manchuko is allied with Japan and is resource rich, her armed forces are not near as large as China's but are standing army is better trained ( why they have level two infantry, machine guns and mortars) their airforce is not bad either since they have some level 2 fighters.

Indo-Chinese Union is ok in the realm of resources but her armed forces are poorly trained with the exception of the 1st Division which has level 2 infantry. Her airforce is not bad since they have some level 2 fighters. Upon unification of Vietnam, Thailand, Burma, Cambodia and Bangladesh the new Indo-Chinese Union forces took reciept of Thailands F-16 fighters. Her navy though is almost non-exsistant and this is one area where she will need to focus a lot of her attention. Australia has small armed forces but well trained and ever since the withdrawl of U.S. forces from the Pacific theater she is being forced into that role.

Japan has small armed forces as well and this is one which to watch out for as they are determined to increase their armed forces and once again be a thorn in China's side. They do however have to be prepared though as they begin their military buildup, other nations in the region will begin to take notice and possibly even thrreaten her. all bets are off. Time is what Japan needs, but if China invades The Republic of China before the Japanese are ready, then it will be hard for the Japanese to see her power take hold in the pacific.

The Philippines will need to rely on Australia and Japan in order to survive. Indo-Chinese Union has territorial designs on the Spratly Islands as do the Chinese and her armed forces are no match for either of these nations. Indonesia will more than likely be allied with Communist China and so if war comes with the Philippines then they will be a threat from the south.

Papa-New Guinea we'll they are no match for any of the nations, so Australia will defend them 100% since they are so close to the Aussie coast. Also the portion of Papa New Guinea which belonged to Indonesia before the economic collapse of 2010 was obsorbed by Papa New Guinea during that time and so now that Indonesia is recovering this will be a source of high tension which may involve China since they are allied. This in turn will draw the Aussies into conflict with the Indonesians for sure, but high possibilty of conflict involving Chinese and Aussie troops....

The Republic of China during her long civil war with the communists finally were pushed back into Manchuria and the Island of Taiwan, but the communist forces were never able to bring about the total collapse of the nationalists and this eventually turned into a stalemate. After the economic collapse of 2010 China See's her chance of reuniting all of china under communist rule, this time without the U.S. intervening. The Repubilc of China realizing that without U.S. intervention they will be hard pressed to prevent their defeat, so they have turned to their most hated enemy, the Japanese seeking out an alliance that will insure both nations survival.

As for Russia, I do not see them becomming envolved in anything unless China get a hair and decides to invade Mongolia which I do not see that happening and even though Mongolia has territorial claims on Nothern China their weakness will prevent that from happening and I do not see Russia allow that anyway. The territorial dispute with Japan I do not see getting hot unless Japan gets a hair and wants their land back, but again I do not see this happening either since Japan will have problems just protecting Manchuko. So while Russia is playable I do not see them getting involved unless again if Mongolia is invaded, but I do not see that happening.

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 3/30/2012 6:40:08 AM >

Post #: 12
RE: Asia Aflame- - 3/29/2012 10:11:43 AM   
lion_of_judah

I was going to have Korea in the game but replaced them with the Republic of China ( Taiwan) but now thinking about adding Kampuchea and having them allied with China but they will not be avaliable until after the Indo-Chinese Union are defeated. this will add another regime and I don't know if I want that right now....ummmm...thinking thinking....

I have added a new research for Japan which will allow them to build the U.S. version of the M1-A1 and added new research item for the Aussies as well. this will allow them to also build the U.S. version of the M1-A1 battle tank. the research though is expensive.

The map I used for this came from a scenario from TOAW 3 and it had the west coast of the U.S. but alas I left this part out. It is big enough with what I have anyway.

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 3/29/2012 10:17:14 AM >

Post #: 13
RE: Asia Aflame- - 3/30/2012 5:59:34 AM   
lion_of_judah

I have ran into a bit of a snag. Papa New Guinea is suppose too be active but when i start to play they are showing " yes" for asleep. and every other nation is at war with them. i have checked the diplomatic portion and they are at level 1 and 2 with australia and japan but everytime i start a new game same result. any help will be appreciated. the following are active regimes

Australia
Indonesia
indo-chinese union
philippine republic
japan
communist china
republic of china ( replaced manchuko with them)
papa new guiena
mongolia

in-active
russian federation
kampuchea

Post #: 14
RE: Asia Aflame- - 4/1/2012 11:48:02 PM   
lion_of_judah

I have replaced Manchuko with the Republic of China

Attachment (1)

Post #: 15
RE: Asia Aflame- - 4/2/2012 8:52:08 AM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: lion_of_judah

I have ran into a bit of a snag. Papa New Guinea is suppose too be active but when i start to play they are showing " yes" for asleep. and every other nation is at war with them. i have checked the diplomatic portion and they are at level 1 and 2 with australia and japan but everytime i start a new game same result. any help will be appreciated.

Have you tried PM Grymme of Vic?

(the terrain on your map... that's gonna be hell to fight for, hills-mountains-rivers-jungle...)

Post #: 16
RE: Asia Aflame- - 4/2/2012 9:30:12 AM   
lion_of_judah

Josh
i posted that in the support forum but have not sent Grymme a pm yet. i was hoping to hear from Vic on this, but nothing yet and I have no clue on what the problem is.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Asia Aflame- Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI