Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied CorpsWar in the West will conquer your bookshelf!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

World Destroyer Project

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> World Destroyer Project Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World Destroyer Project - 3/28/2012 5:40:38 AM   
kentcol

I found the World Destroyer Project. How do I take control of it??
Post #: 1
RE: World Destroyer Project - 3/28/2012 5:51:50 AM   
Shadow Tiger

Repair it with construction ships. It'll take some time.

(in reply to kentcol)
Post #: 2
RE: World Destroyer Project - 3/28/2012 4:57:30 PM   
ScottenChi

In my current game, I found the World Destroyer after the Gizurean race had found it and was already repairing it. They are extremely erratic. I couldn't figure out how to take over their repair without starting a war with them, so instead I attacked the 1/2 repaired Destroyer!

After several minutes of one-sided combat, the Destroyer went BOOM.

I think this is an exploit though. The Gizurean player should be mad at me, but wasn't.

(in reply to Shadow Tiger)
Post #: 3
RE: World Destroyer Project - 3/28/2012 5:27:54 PM   
Howard Mitchell

This is a quirk/feature of the game since its original release - you can steal a ship which is being repaired by having more warships nearby when it is finally repaired (it will automatically become yours), and you can destroy a neutral ship which is being repaired without any diplomatic consequences. I've also blown up World Destroyers and other ships which someone else was repairing without any adverse effect.

While the battles the British fight may differ in the widest possible ways, they invariably have two common characteristics – they are always fought uphill and always at the junction of two or more map sheets.

General Sir William Slim

(in reply to ScottenChi)
Post #: 4
RE: World Destroyer Project - 3/28/2012 5:33:48 PM   
ASHBERY76

I would like a game mechanic added to this.The A.I will leave you alone in peace to rebuild it and that is surely not right as this ship destroys worlds..

I think it should continuously damage your reputation when your construction ships try to rebuild it.

(in reply to ScottenChi)
Post #: 5
RE: World Destroyer Project - 3/28/2012 8:43:16 PM   
kentcol

Thanks, guys!

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 6
RE: World Destroyer Project - 3/29/2012 12:53:02 AM   
Shadow Tiger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Howard Mitchell

This is a quirk/feature of the game since its original release - you can steal a ship which is being repaired by having more warships nearby when it is finally repaired (it will automatically become yours), and you can destroy a neutral ship which is being repaired without any diplomatic consequences. I've also blown up World Destroyers and other ships which someone else was repairing without any adverse effect.

Wait, all I need to do is park a fleet by the World Destroyer, trade away my galaxy map and kick back while someone else fixes it for me? That's just devious. I like it!

(in reply to Howard Mitchell)
Post #: 7
RE: World Destroyer Project - 3/29/2012 9:29:43 AM   
Georgia145

Repair it with construction ships. It'll take some time.

Post #: 8
RE: World Destroyer Project - 3/29/2012 1:36:55 PM   
Cauldyth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shadow Tiger
Wait, all I need to do is park a fleet by the World Destroyer, trade away my galaxy map and kick back while someone else fixes it for me? That's just devious. I like it!

I thought they fixed that in one of the recent patches.

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> World Destroyer Project Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI