Ive got alot of free time coming up, so ive wanted to get back to work on a mod I actually started 2 years ago under AT. Of course life being what it is, getting married, new job, etc had put it on the back burner I thought permanently, but it appears Mayport Naval station is about to lose 17 ships and about 2,000 officers, which will be cutting back my hours bartending at the officers club quite dramatically.
Sooooo I figured why not start up and finish this mod..
Making this post basically just to let everyone know its in development and get a placeholder for future updates, as well as get some feed back on what people might want to see.
Heres a synopsis of what ive got right now and what I want for a playable alpha.
Fantasy Civilizations, a 4x game of diplomacy, conquest, empire building and magic.
What will be in the first alpha:
6 Playable nations fully fleshed out, based on mythological cultures that dont generally get touched on.
- The Black Forest, based on celtish and flemmish culture and myth
- Ulm, based on goth and germanic culture and myth
- The Bleeding Tongue, based on ancient nomadic jewish/zorastorian culture and myth
- Ry'leh, based on minoan and atlantian culture and myth..the aboleths, they rise
- Novogorod, based on siberian and nomadic mongol culture
- The GodHead, experimental race based on sumerian, animist, and gnostic culture and myth from the fertile crescent (has no production, is entirely event driven)
8 Resources and a new production system
- Labor, everything uses this to be built, based on a labor hour system developed for Fantasy Battles, a module for the Rifts table top gaming system
- Will of the Nobility, most things use this too, this is the bottleneck to keep things balanced, also used for cards and events
- Science, replaces Political Points for research
- Wood, lumber operations must be built on forested hexes, then the logs processed in cities or special buildings into planks, or crafts
- Stone, stone quarries built on hills or mountains, then the stone must be processed in cities or special buildings into slabs, or crafts
- Metal, same as stone, mines are built on hills or mountains, must be processed at a forge into useful items
- Oils and liquids, can only be found on the map at special sites, or synthesized by alchemists in cities
- Mana, used for cards, and production of magical units, spells, and upgrading
- Cities and production sites can all be upgraded
A whole slew of units specific to each race, as well as cross overs
-Rock throwers, supply wagons, nobles, creatures, summons, catapults, crossbows, swordsman, beasts from the depths
-1 pre-set map, 200x200 hexes, with (hopefully) ai barbarians, with all nations present for multiplayer pbem games (no full ai is planned as of yet) special sites, and well balanced for online play. Someday id like to do it for random games, but you really need the space, as the buildings and economy require some space.
-1 small battlemap with 2 nations included
A much more personal scale.
-Hexes represent 90 feet
-1 SFT is 1 person, creature, wagon, etc
-unique "one off" units for each nation
-ranged units with realistic ranges and recon values, fire from hiding, snipers, etc
-A more tactical feel than strategic
-stacklimits imposed based on how many of whatever can fit in a hex, drastic penalties for shoving to many things in one spot
-12 hour turns, night turns
-epic timeline in the main scenario map, 4 "month" years, seasons change each month, est game time is 2 years (or 480 turns, however youll never have 1000s or even 100s of units, actual time spent doing a turn or processing should be fairly low)
-morale starts low (meaning alot of fairly bloodless battles at the start) and fanaticism of all nations slowly rise, raising the morale and the bloodiness of battles slowly over the course of the game (id love to do something like the armageddon counter in Song of Fire and Ice mod for Civ4 but i dont think thats possible here without more work than im willing to do for free, maybe Grymmes model for scenarios will suit me when I get to that point, nothing prods me to work like glittering prizes)
-Detailed event driven research
-Focus your research to meet your needs, with techs in speed, armor, and weapons, giving unique units in every game
-Research event cards
Events and Cards
-Huuuge number of events and cards
-Global overland spells
-Manage your economy
-View detailed reports
-Conduct more detailed diplomacy
-"One off" unique events and cards for nations
Buildings (I know these can cause turn times to go up so im trying to keep it to just barely more than vanilla ATG has)
And lastly, id at some point like to meld the mod with the resource and leader mod. Have event driven succession and nobility.
Im about 50% done with all this, I need to do research and events, finish up Mana and Metals, and add units (adding units is the easiest part)
Hope to have a real serious update in about 3 weeks.
Oh I do want to ask if anyone knows if its possible to have units have two different distinct types of supply. Or if youre limited to just the one basic supply.
Id like to add upkeep in gold or money or something to help balance expansion and such, but im not sure if that can be done, ive played with marking other things as supply and making a new itemgroup but to no avail. But then its been 2 years and a different game since ive used the editor.
< Message edited by Kraftwerk -- 3/27/2012 11:36:17 PM >