Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mud and combat effects?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Mud and combat effects? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mud and combat effects? - 3/27/2012 4:47:48 AM   
DarkFib3r

I am wondering what the combat effects are for mud.

During mud turns, I notice that all CVs drop to 1, even when I have large stacks or relatively strong troops that are not isolated, have access to a railhead, and are in contact with their HQ. The manual talks about mud's impact on fort building, movement, and supply, but nothing about its effect on combat. On a thread I was reading here, someone stated that all CVs are divided by 8 during mud turns.

What are the total combat effects for both the defender and the attacker during mud? If both the attacker and the defender divide their CVs by 8, would mud not simply net out? For example, I have a stack with 14 CVs and I want to attack a stack with 4 CVs in the clear. During mud, my counter CV shows 1 and the defender's counter CV shows 1 as well. Is my CV not really 1.75 and the defender's CV not really 0.5? If so, the ratio is still the same (3.5:1), so my attack should be just as effective, no? I must be missing something here, because many of my attacks that I expected to go well (3:1 or greater before mud) were ineffective.

Any help on mud is appreciated!

Cheers,
Jason
Post #: 1
RE: Mud and combat effects? - 3/27/2012 6:08:49 AM   
Walloc

Hi Jason,

Its only attacker CV that is divided by 8, not the defender. Note when u look at an enemy unit the first number is its attack value and the 2nd is their defensive value. So naturally its first number would be 1 in most cases during mud, but when trying to gauge odds u'll hafta use their 2nd number aka the defensive CV. In normal cases it shouldnt be 1 in mud, but not that it cant be.

Pressing Z key changes too the same configuration for ur own units. Noted with a = between the 2 numbers, hitting Z again goes back to attack CV and movement noted with a - between the numbers.

Also if u hover u mouse over ur units u can check unit their real CV value in the pop up box, as every thing from really low to 1.99 is displayed as 1. Doesnt work for on enemy.

About ur example 14/8 = 1.75 CV so its shown as CV 1. U'd need above 16 to get 2 and so on.

Last but not least remember that in mud each hex counts as 4 times as much for supply distances so it has happened that units gets more than 100 MP from RR and infact then counts as isolated again lowering their CV. If u playing with historic weather it shouldnt be teh case less u did really poorly with rail repairs, just saying it can happen and u can easily check that with the supply button.

Hope it was muddy enough , else ask more

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 3/27/2012 6:10:37 AM >

(in reply to DarkFib3r)
Post #: 2
RE: Mud and combat effects? - 4/1/2012 4:17:17 AM   
DarkFib3r

Thanks for the helpful info! I now see how to interpret the offensive and defensive CV values and how to toggle CV and MP displays. Quite useful and a significant game improver for me! Thanks again!

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Mud and combat effects? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI