Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 41-45GC GLVACA (Sov) v SJ80 (Axis) - NO SJ80

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: 41-45GC GLVACA (Sov) v SJ80 (Axis) - NO SJ80 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 41-45GC GLVACA (Sov) v SJ80 (Axis) - NO SJ80 - 5/21/2012 12:25:15 PM   
glvaca

Rzhev zoom:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 391
RE: 41-45GC GLVACA (Sov) v SJ80 (Axis) - NO SJ80 - 5/21/2012 12:25:48 PM   
glvaca

North Overview:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 392
RE: 41-45GC GLVACA (Sov) v SJ80 (Axis) - NO SJ80 - 5/21/2012 12:26:39 PM   
glvaca

finally, close up North:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 393
RE: 41-45GC GLVACA (Sov) v SJ80 (Axis) - NO SJ80 - 5/21/2012 12:39:33 PM   
glvaca

Soviet moves, South:
3rd Shock Army is being assembled (attached to Southern Front) from Stavka reserves (mainly the bunch of divisions arriving in the Caucassus) which are promptly brought up to strength (and increased morale) by merging brigades into them. I'd prefer to attach the army to the Crimea Front but don't have CP available.
I have reached his main definsive line on high extreme right and I don't have the movement to launch deliberate attacks so I content myself with moving up for the attack next turn.
Further North, I ZOC lock in the hope of forcing him to abandon these divisions or counterattack and stay close to my units next turn.
The Zoc locked division of last turn (which he broke down into regiments) is isolated. However, because of a general lack of mobility, this certainly delays my advance West so it does serve Sebastians purpose of delaying me.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 394
RE: 41-45GC GLVACA (Sov) v SJ80 (Axis) - NO SJ80 - 5/21/2012 12:46:54 PM   
glvaca

South of Tula I try an evellopment maneuvre which, if it would have worked, would have probably cost him several divisions and regiments. Unfortunately, 2 essential attacks fail and I run out of movement to put them in Zoc, so he'll get away most of them without to much trouble. Rats!

West Front closes up to his next line, but can't get in deliberates, and I forgo hasties.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by glvaca -- 5/21/2012 1:11:42 PM >

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 395
RE: 41-45GC GLVACA (Sov) v SJ80 (Axis) - NO SJ80 - 5/21/2012 1:02:40 PM   
glvaca

What looked like being on the verge of breakthrough before recon and movement turns out to be his main line of resistance. The most direct route towards the rear of Moscow is blocked by 30+CV stacks. The only weakspot is a hex I can attack from 3 directions and to do so I must put almost all of the available offensive strength of Volkhov and Kalinin Fronts into it.
4th Shock is railed in as planned and from the looks of it just in time!

Farther West, I score 4 retreats and one held against his left flank, but if he can hold me at his Rzhev line, this won't matter that much. It will simply take to long to get the results I want from that direction. I must punch through at Rzhev or East of it to force him to give up Moscow. There is good news though, Kalinin is back on the rail net and I'm already taking of depleted divisions for some refit. On the down side, he is really close to his supply lines (green arrow), giving him all the advantages that that entails.

South of Moscow I score some good results with the Bryansk Front, now mostly refitted and ready to cause trouble, with some Western Front divisions helping out.

Overall, a slow turn.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by glvaca -- 5/21/2012 1:04:44 PM >

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 396
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: 41-45GC GLVACA (Sov) v SJ80 (Axis) - NO SJ80 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI