Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ship movement movie

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> ship movement movie Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ship movement movie - 3/25/2012 4:13:28 AM   
larryfulkerson

Hey you guys........I put together a small-ish movie showing the movements of the ships just for myself and then thought you guys might like to see it too. I'm posting it here because you can post bigger files in this section of the forum. I'm planning on building it much much bigger so I'll have to put it on a file server somewhere and give you the link to download it when I'm "finished" with it.

I thought it was really cool how the ships exploded out of the harbour at Manila after I finally got the Jap minefield cleared. Also, it's pretty cool watching the ships crawl across the pacific out of SFO. There weren't as many Jap subs at LAX as I was expecting. Mostly, in this early phase of the war I'm retreating a bunch of ships to Darwin and plan to try to make my stand around the Guadacanal area just like in Real Life. The Japs got lucky and sank the Enterprise so now I'm down to two carriers and a handfull of surface skimmers.

This is 7DEC1941 through 12DEC1941 :

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 3/25/2012 4:20:40 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: ship movement movie - 3/25/2012 5:09:20 AM   
JeffK

Great.

900+ turns to go.

I'd love to be able to track a unit using this!

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 2
RE: ship movement movie - 3/25/2012 2:20:49 PM   
princep01

Yep, pretty cool. Can see KB (I think) moving away from the Hawaiian Is toward Midway and presumably Japan.

(in reply to JeffK)
Post #: 3
RE: ship movement movie - 3/25/2012 2:51:46 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: princep01
Yep, pretty cool. Can see KB (I think) moving away from the Hawaiian Is toward Midway and presumably Japan.

Absolutely correct. And being chased by at least 4 of my submarines. I'm sending a TK full of fuel to Midway so as to be able to base a bunch of subs from there. The KB has pounded Midway at least four times now and the runway has gotten a lot of hits and the Wildcats there were all shot down. I have two carriers left ( Enterprise was sunk 9DEC ) and I'm not sure I want to risk them by defending Midway this early in the war. But on the other hand they might be useful in and around the Australia area. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Here is a list of the losses in ships so far:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 3/25/2012 3:05:16 PM >

(in reply to princep01)
Post #: 4
RE: ship movement movie - 3/26/2012 8:38:14 PM   
larryfulkerson

Here's the link to an even bigger strategic map movie ( 7 Dec through 222 Dec ) :

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7nkn6khjfwpgukx

It's about 2.6M big and I'm sorry to announce that it's not as useful as I had hoped. The trouble is that all the Allied ships look the same and so trying to track a single ship is problematic at best. It's a little bit confusing to be honest. I think maybe I'll abandon this little project.

Maybe it might be better to take a snapshot every week or so just to track the Jap progress etc.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 3/26/2012 8:40:02 PM >

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> ship movement movie Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI