Campaign editing

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
Misconduct

Campaign editing

Post by Misconduct »

Trying to locate the campaigns for APOS, is there no way to edit the existing campaigns?
Reason being Is I wanted to tinker around modifying the campaign in general - making it a whole.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
CSO_Talorgan

RE: Campaign editing

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

Yes, tell us about campaign, map and unit editing.

Maybe I'll come across more on this as I trawl through this forum.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Map editing from what I understand is very difficult and almost impossible,except for people highly skilled and experienced in the modding process,Campaign and unit editing are easier but still can be difficult unless familiar with modding and modding tools.The Graviteam community forum has some tutorials and people there who are familiar with and can help in the modding process.Andrey,one of the developers of APOS visits the forum regularly and provides plenty of insight to the modding process and will make attempts to answer any questions you may have if interested in modding,but his English translations can be a bit confusing at times.If you are interested in modding this game be prepared to invest some serious time in learning all the ins and outs required to successfully do this.There isn't a lot of modding going on in this game so far,but if you go to the Graviteam site and visit the Steel fury42 forum thread(SF42 is a sister game of APOS),there are a few guys there who will be able to point you in the right direction for getting started and will most likely help you with any problems you encounter while attempting to mod this game.They have done some amazing stuff with that game and their work is top notch,they have also written quite a few tutorials on the subject that are available to read in the SF42 forum.From what I understand also,Andrey is working on a program to make campaign editing for this game much easier for those of us with little or no modding skills and will be making an announcement about this quite possibly in the near future.And the program may be available with the next update.
CSO_Talorgan

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

Thanks very much for your reply.

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”